GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by aar1217

1. A

Fault P045600 - Evap Emissions (very small leak)

i cleared the code, tightened the gas gap, filled the car up (it was less than a 1/4 tank when the error came up), and it hasnt come back in about 50 miles of driving. On my BMW the car has some very specific parameters that have to be performed for the car to even run the check (like 1/4 to 3/4...
  2. A

Fault P045600 - Evap Emissions (very small leak)

Anyone ever have this fault code? I have a 2019 R with 6k miles. The car had a JB4 for about 1k miles, and a GIAC stage 1 for about 400 miles. I don't drive the car hard (but also dont think this error code has anything to do with a flash). I cleared the code, tightened the gas cap, but haven't...
  3. A

GIAC Mobile Flashloader Problems

I think mine was related to it being too hot outside. I'm in AZ, and when I first tried this on Friday it was 112 outside, I had just finished some errands where the car was parked outside, and the flash was denied multiple times. The next morning it was also hot, but I tried anyway and it made...
  4. A

At this point I have no idea. i bought an OBD adapter that absolutely secured the GIAC flashloader into the port but it still errors out half way thru the flash. I really don't think its the battery voltage as that has not been mentioned in the crash log. Admittedly this morning it got the...
  5. A

well, ill try it again tomorrow in the morning. at first i used my wifes truck which seemed to keep it over 13, and then i bought a charger which kept it higher too - but now the battery is fully charged so the charger wont even work!
  6. A

i ran the crash log and it said the voltage was fine which is why im so confused!
  7. A

I've been using a JB4 and at times used other OBD2 type devices to clear codes and what not - so today when I tried using the GIAC mobile flashloader it kept failing during the flash. The crash logs just referenced some type of transfer error. I had the car connected to my wife's truck using...
  8. A

Turbo inlet pipe for stock intake

I think the advertised 8-10HP gain is about right. it is sort of crazy how much larger the inlet and pipe are compared to stock...
  9. A

Just finished up the install. Not bad! A really nice looking piece. Detaching the PCV hose was a real PITA though... I noticed my old inlet had a very tiny bit of oil in there. Did yours have that? From the reviews I've seen online, it appears this is common. I'm not that concerned as I don't...
  10. A

Long Start After Clearing Driver Assist Codes - SOLVED

Glad I could help. Only took me two months to figure out...
  11. A

Did you have to remove the factory airbox to install the MST hose?
  12. A

Tuned Golf 7R (Hot Climate Market Variant)

As a Phoenix resident, I mostly agree (Although my garage typically gets to about 90 in the summer as the low). My next house will definitely have an AC system for the garage! Former Z4M Coupe owner here too...
  13. A

Just ordered one. Looks good. I'm also running the stock airbox with the afe pro dry s drop in...
  14. A

Great study. I think the hose/inlet combination makes the most sense in what would create the most power.
  15. A

How was the fitment? This looks great and likely something i'll order.