GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 8055WAGEN

1. 8055WAGEN

034 RS3 specific springs are the BEST lowering spring for AWD MK7

Can you give us an update on how these are doing for you with B8s a few months in? Tempted to swap my R springs for the 034 springs next season.
  2. 8055WAGEN

Will roll center adjusting balljoints adversely affect my stock height suspension?

As I sit here dreaming of new parts to add to my sportwagen, I find myself eyeing camber adding balljoints from the likes of Whiteline or 034. I have OEM R springs on my sportwagen, so while lower than stock, it sits the same as a stock R. For the suspension gurus out there, will lowering...
  3. 8055WAGEN

Unitronic Fuel Rail

https://www.getunitronic.com/parts/fueling/uni-mpi-upgrade-ea888-gen3?utm_source=mailer-c&utm_medium=purchase-button&utm_campaign=mpi-upgrade-ea888.3 Unitronic, if you've got an IS38 1.8 tune for this kit in the works, I'd be very interested. Hopefully this means they will continue to develop...
  4. 8055WAGEN

is38 Turbo & AutoX

I daily and Auto-x my GSW 1.8 with an IS38. Keep the RPMs up and it's always in power for the 60ish second courses I do.
  5. 8055WAGEN

Stock ride height

Have you considered pulling out your spacers and adding a big rear sway bar instead? Without changing the coil springs.
  6. 8055WAGEN

8055WAGEN'S 2017 GSW DSG 4MOTION IS38

My New Alignment
  7. 8055WAGEN

Do it all Sportwagen - street/hoon/track/drag you name it....this is the way...

I am also curious how the B8s compare to stock R struts/shocks as far as overall length and travel.
  8. 8055WAGEN

I think you're right on with that. Unfortunately I don't have a measurement for the OE bumpers, as mine were already cut shorter when I switched to the R bumpers. Maybe someone else with their stockers can chime in. The R bumpers are about 100mm overall. I had cut the stock ones shorter when...
  9. 8055WAGEN

8055WAGEN'S 2017 GSW DSG 4MOTION IS38

My car came out of storage a little late this year due to ACL surgery recovery. Naturally I had spent my downtime buying car parts. I installed an 034 Front Sway Bar, front and rear subframe alignment collars, a Euro Sport strut bar, and a Boost Gauge. I don't really have any pictures from...
  10. 8055WAGEN

For reference, here are my rear B8s next to the OE Damper with Golf R bump stops installed. Yeah the bump stop is over 50% of the shock travel. And for more reference, the B8 is about 20mm shorter overall than the OE shock.
  11. 8055WAGEN

Ugh, waiting months on a replacement headlight

FS: Golf Premium AFS Headlight Set | GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum No red lines, but could work maybe?
  12. 8055WAGEN

Ugh, waiting months on a replacement headlight

EBAY / LKQ 2015-2017 Volkswagen Golf GTI RH Passenger Xenon HID Headlight Assembly OEM | eBay 15 16 17 VW GOLF HATHBACK RH XENON HEADLIGHT LAMP OEM USED STOCK 01167 | eBay
  13. 8055WAGEN

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

I'm in the 231, close enough I could be a 616. I live in the Grand Haven area, work in Holland. Any more west siders?
  14. 8055WAGEN

Need "sport" alignment suggestion for another brand AWD hot hatch

I've just never seen one like that before