GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 7thVW

1. 7

GTI Autobahn windshield cover

Hi all, I looked at the old thread. Was considering Cover Craft, but the web site does not specify the cut out for the lane departure system. Should I go OEM? Thanks
  2. 7

Best price/honest dealers....east coast.

Donaldson's VW in Sayville NY is top notch. I purchased 6 vehicles from them over the years. Family owned business that cares about their customers.
  3. 7

How to retro-fit the rear subframe harmonic damper from the Audi A3 Saloon (2013->)

I thought about this upgrade. Realized I did not get a Merc. I would love to see someone get a Db meter if it is measurable. That being said, the vehicle does have some vibration on rougher roads. The DCC helps a bit. I just turn up the fender.
  4. 7

How much dry mud in engine bay is too much?

Thank god you are not in a Jeep. Now, that is mud. Engine compartment does not look submerged.
  5. 7

2nd track day in 10 years. Homestead-Miami. OEM+ Daily Driver setup

uh oh. you are in my neighborhood. I passed you in a Veloster. wink.
  6. 7

Tires for GTI MK7

did the OP tell us his climate? On a side note, just curious if anyone has tried these. I may be the experiment. I had to rotate at 5k miles. https://www.bridgestone.com.sg/en/tyre/potenza-s007a
  7. 7

Buy used 2017 GTI Sport with only 7K miles?

Does your Carfox show where it was maintained? The 2.0 is well proven. Miles are miles. I will assume you are buying from a private dealer? By the way, you NEVER put a deposit on a vehicle.
  8. 7

Tires for GTI MK7

The beauty of the vehicle, it is reasonably priced and functional. If you upgrade from stock tires, no need to go wider. The vehicle can probably do more than you can. Track vehicles with use Michelins b/c they they get to put the name on the wall. Think I run Bridgestones on the VW and I...
  9. 7

ACC and Start Stop not working

What was their response?
  10. 7

Blown treble in rear door

How loud was your music? Can you melt the tweets? I like the standard Fender/Dynaudio. I would rip them out and put JL audio in. Dynaudio is a major speaker manufacturer. You should be able to find any size tweeter, woofer on their site.
  11. 7

Coming into this kind of late... SE vs S

" Thats what I think I'll do. Im getting good deals on the S and SE w/ DCC but I dont see myself switching the suspension stiffness at all. The S wont be as stiff as my Fiesta ST no way. I used to use the sport mode on my Civic SI all the time and I could never really feel the suspension get...