GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 66RBS

1. 6

Seat adjustment

Re 2016 GTI SE We are finding the seats in our GTI are hard to get out of as we have aged. They are steep. Has any one put spacers under the rear bolts to decrease the lower cushion angle Special head on bolts and would have to be about an inch longer to change the angle Of the seat Hell to...
  2. 6

Backup camera

My backup camera has stated going into “flutter” mode. Maybe 1 in 10 reverses. Camera image rolls vertically in a rapid fashion I am in Arizona. Could it be the heat or is this a known issue
  3. 6

Tire pressure sensors

Thanks. Yes mine as a 2016 does not indicate which wheel. No false warnings for a week now. I will have the ABS sensors checked at next tire rotation
  4. 6

Mystery hook in rear hatch area

Re 2016 GTI Looked through the owners manual and did not see any information. What are these hooks for in the hatch area. These are NOT for the privacy cover
  5. 6

Tire pressure sensors

Read the manual and it seems I am doing everything correctly. No indication that the unit displays the questionable tire it does say that if the system is malfunctioning that the TPMS indicator flashes for 70 sec back to my original question is a false signal a common problem with my model
  6. 6

Tire pressure sensors

Hard to believe VW would use 2 different systems. How does it display the questionable tire?
  7. 6

Tire pressure sensors

Yes I reset the system after confirming all tires are equal. I also bought a tire pressure gauge. My Acura tells me the pressure in each tire to determine the questionable tire. Kind of a nuisance to check all 4 tires to look for the culprit. I have been giving it a quick visual check to look...
  8. 6

Tire pressure sensors

I have had my 2016 GTI SE about a month now. Twice I have received a tire pressure warning but no tires are low on pressure I understand these are NOT direct reading sensors but use rotation speed as the technology. There are no sensors to replace. there does not seem to be a way to...
  9. 6

Would like to raise the back of the driver's seat

Did this on my daughters Jeep. Get Grade 8 bolts for safety. Wouldn’t want the bolts to snap during accident
  10. 6

wheel offset question

So if my offsets are approx equal the back of my 8” rim is approx 1/4” closer to the suspension than OEM 7.5” rim and the street side is approx 1/4” wider Are you saying I will need 1/4” spacers to move the wheel street side?
  11. 6

wheel offset question

Re 2016 GTI SE with performance pack. (larger calipers?) stock wheel and tire are 225 40 ZR 18 wheels are 18 x 7.5 x ? offset If I install 18 x 8 x +45MM wheels ( Enkei EMK3) will these move the tire outboard more?
  12. 6

Rear license plate

Good tip. Ditched the self tapping #8 screws and added well nuts and machine screws
  13. 6

Rear license plate

Added a rear license plate frame to my newly acquired Mk7 Noticed it just uses 2 self tapping screws thru the plastic bumper. How cheap is that. You would have thought VW would have put some threaded inserts here for a more durable attachment
  14. 6

GTI website

Well I have had my 2016 GTI SE about 2 weeks now. Having lots of fun with it Can someone recommend a website where I can buy parts and accessories?