GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 2018gti

1. 2

Coolant leak

check out my pictures here to see if you have this part on your diesel - https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/burning-coolant-on-turbo.442668/ worth a shot to see if that’s where it’s leaking from! it was not super obvious to me since you have to lean over and use a light to see...
  2. 2

Coolant leak

does the GTD have the coolant adapter right in front of the turbo, on the head, like the GTI’s? that’s the only thing I can think of, I had a very small leak coming from there. I guess you’d already have noticed though since if it leaks from there it’s usually steaming.
  3. 2

The Definitive Rev Hang Thread (Mk7 & MT focused)

I got around to making this calibration change with VW_Flash finally and it is so much easier to drive now, damn. it’s really a shame they didn’t program it like this from the factory, it’s not a chore to drive in traffic anymore. so happy with it 👌🏼 I may make a video sometime to show that...
  4. 2

MK7 Climatronic upgrade with instructions and pictures.

@Cuzoe respect for being able to get car stuff done and also be a parent, I don’t even have kids and my rate is like 0.5 retrofits/year 💀
  5. 2

"System Protection Intervention" Start/Stop system error

ok, that’s good, not the sensor then. yeah only other idea is to look through any “start/stop” entries in the live data, those can sometimes be more helpful than the warning that come up.
  6. 2

"System Protection Intervention" Start/Stop system error

the first thought I have is that it could be something with your neutral position sensor? the car’s systems might be (mistakenly) thinking your shifter isn’t in neutral and as a result it wouldn’t be safe to start the engine. take this with a grain of salt as I don’t have this system on my GTI...
  7. 2

PCV hose removal from TIP 😤

you can also replace your PCV hose with this one and never have to deal with that awful fitting again: $12.99 | 06K103213J PCV Valve Pipe Hose Fit For V-W Atlas Je-tta MK7 Tiguan MK2 Golf For Au-di A3 TT 06K 103 213 J 06K103213A https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLF4lWS
  8. 2

Burning coolant(?) on turbo

glad to see it and glad it worked out. the aluminum piece looks so much better than the plastic one down there. yeah my tube split in multiple places in the middle of it so I think it was f’ed to begin with, I think yours will be fine 🤞
  9. 2

@BudgetPhoenix that is exactly how mine looked, super dirty all around there. I tried the second time to keep the coolant from coming out but I think there’s no way, most of it comes out from the cylinder head. you can use that to your advantage in a way because it’ll carry away all the dirt you...
  10. 2

I guess you’ll know when you put it back together lol. I’m thinking now that mine may have been stressed first when the dealer installed a new turbo (not the most careful work judging from the scratches and not completely tightened downpipe), then me removing it again finally cracked it. was...
  11. 2

Ceramic vs Low-Met Brembo pads

personally I don’t recommend any kind of ceramic pad. I don’t know if Brembo’s are different than the ones I tried (Centric posi-quiet) but the centric ceramics were awful. I had them on for about a week before changing them out for a semi-metallic (hawk HPS 5.0). they just did not slow down the...
  12. 2

Good eye lol, don't worry, I sprayed down the whole area with cleaner so it was still a bit soapy. But, uh, that is the least of my problems right now 😅 just some advice for anyone who needs to make this fix. Get a replacement hose, also, unless your car is brand new or something. The car was...
  13. 2

the culprit: and new one in:
  14. 2

Battery connections

speaking of that.. I still haven’t gotten around to drilling mine out. at this point after watching probably an hour+ of “GTI front bumper” videos I think taking off the bumper and the wheel liner is maybe the only way do it where you can look straight in front of you at the hole while holding...
  15. 2

when I was reading people’s posts on the issue a few months ago, I bought one of the metal EMD Auto ones just in case. which is ending up to be pretty convenient right now as it’s sitting on my desk. planning to do the swap soon and hopefully clean up all the burned residues on the turbo. I...