GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 2016_Golf_R

1. 2

Touch up paint for Tornado Red Golf R

What's up guys. I have been really impressed with Dr. Colorchip in the past for my cars. Right now they don't have Tornado Red specific to the 2015/16 Golf R. I looked up the 2015 GTI on their site and it has the Tornado Red with the color code LY3D/G2. My question is, does anyone know if...
  2. 2

Wind noise near windshield

We just got in some colder weather here in SC and I noticed this morning's commute that I had some new wind noise that has never been present before. Almost like the sound of a window just slightly lowered. It's come up from the very front drivers side near the windshield. The car is so solid...
  3. 2

Modded Challenger R/T vs Golf R JB1 Tune

Challenger R/T with bolt-ons vs 2016 Golf R with JB1 stage 1 5.0 Tune https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNz7hXmjc4M
  4. 2

2014 Shelby GT500 vs 2016 Golf R

We have a client at work who has a 2014 Shelby GT500 (662HP). He's been itching to show me what his car would do to the R since I got it...so we ran this weekend. I spoke with George at Burger Tuning and after chatting with him I bumped up boost threshold to 5.0 on the JB1 and hoped for the...
  5. 2

JB1 Stage 1 Review

I'll keep this short and simple. The JB1 is the go to solution for those that want to ensure they keep their warranty while blowing the doors off just about anything on the road. The power delivery is smooth and just pins you as soon as the power hits. The DSG ensures you stay sucked into...
  6. 2

Maxton Design Front Lip Review

There are quite a few options out there for front lips on the R but I ultimately decided to go with Maxton. When I found out you could get more of a smooth gloss finish on it I was sold. It ties in beautifully with the rest of the gloss black accents on the car than the textured version. My...
  7. 2

VAGCOM

I"m new to this nifty little diagnostic tool and wanted to make sure I get the right part/version (I've noticed a few sites warning of inferior knockoffs). I lowered my R with VWR springs and my headlight visibility has taken a hit. I know I can adjust them through the VAGCOM pretty easily...
  8. 2

Golf R Turbo Issues and Revisions

I know a few unlucky owners of the first few batches of Golf R's dealt with blown turbos, and since then VW has been steadily revising them. There seems to be a lot of variance found online on whether or not the problem was correctly identified and corrected. Does anyone know specifics on...
  9. 2

VWR Springs and Spullen Spacer Kit Installed

This combination makes a dramatic difference in how the car looks. The drop is perfect IMO and the spacers give it that nice flush look. Much improved over the stock height and stance :D
  10. 2

DSG Strength in Golf R

For the tuners out there, what numbers are you seeing that are safe for the DSG? I'm wondering what the recommended limits are, especially for a daily driver. I'm shocked what these cars are making with a simple tune but want to make sure it isn't too much for the twin clutch transmission in...
  11. 2

New Golf R Owner

What's up guys! I've had quite a few imports but this is my first VW. The DSG, interior and overall build is quite stunning for this price segment. It's surprisingly strong as well. This comes from driving a stage 3 Evolution X previously. Does anyone know the turbo that is providing this...