GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 2015WhiteGTI

1. 2

I finally did it - C2!

Thanks all! As soon as the CPO runs out I'll be getting an APR tune as well. Should be good for close to 500HP with IC's as well. It's funny, I have a front engine, FWD car and a rear engine, RWD car. I laugh at the Clarkson comment all the time and think about it when I'm walking up to it.
  2. 2

Search for RWD Track/Weekend Car (70k Budget)

Been poking around the Lotus forum. Quite a few VERY nice cars available there: https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/lotus-cars-for-sale.94/
  3. 2

Ah, got it. If you're going the drive too/from route, definitely go with the Exige with a supercharger. You're "safer" with the roof on the top (although it can be removed if you really want to), plus it's better suited for the track. You can get some nicely prepped cars too. Look during the...
  4. 2

I finally did it - C2!

I've been wanting to get back into a Porsche for a long time. I had a 2001 Boxster a while back and loved that car. Owned for only 3 years until our daughter came along and never had any issues with it. I started looking hard in March 2020 and ended up with my 2017 Porsche 911 C2 manual in...
  5. 2

I've been track driving for 11 years and have my SCCA and BMWCCA comp licenses for eight years. To go really fast costs lots of money and there will always be someone with more money and will go faster LOL! Most of the time, it's the driver mod that makes the biggest difference in lap times...
  6. 2

GTI IS38 APR vs. CTR

I had another go with a Civic Type R. This time on the turnpike during off hours so we were able to play a few times. I was passing an on ramp and I saw a grey car coming onto the highway at a higher speed than anything else, plus the wing of course (can't miss that). I was passing bye as he...
  7. 2

The ULTIMATE tyre test! These are the best UHP tires you can buy for your car!

Very interesting. Hope you like! https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=344&v=4NcenJ0zmAY
  8. 2

GTI IS38 APR vs. E46 M3

I've lived in my neighborhood for 15 years and about eight years ago I dressed up in my racing suit and helmet for Halloween. One of my neighbors was going crazy about my outfit and said he's a fellow petrolhead! At the time, I had a highly modified E90 BMW 330 that he loved. Turns out he...
  9. 2

Terrible, horrible, no good, very bad joke thread

Knock, knock. Who's there? Yah. Yah who? I'm excited too!
  10. 2

Civic Type R vs. GTI IS38, APR

Yesterday, I saw a red Civic Type R that I pulled up next to at a light and gave him the thumbs-up. He returned the gesture (we were in the middle of traffic). We eased passed a couple of cars and he stepped on it a bit and I followed. We both go stuck at the next light with me behind him...
  11. 2

GTI vs. C7 Z06 - It's all about the driver!

Was on my way home from the Phillies game with the wife and as we were coming onto the PA turnpike I was behind a new C7 Z06. I was in second gear and we both shot over to the left lane as no one was coming. I hit it and he hit it (I saw his back end drop and the exhaust started to scream). I...
  12. 2

MOMO Heritage 6

OMG I'm in love! What a fantastic design. Pricing starts at $450/wheel. Seems like they're semi-custom as you order your color offset and bolt pattern. I tried to upload them in the order of the colors listed below. Hopefully it worked. Here's the write-up from MOMO: Bringing MOMO’s past into...
  13. 2

Stoptech ST40/328mm BBK

I've finally gotten some pics of my Stoptech BBK with my Volks installed. The kit is the ST-40, 328x28 with PN 83.895.4300.XX. I did not have the PP on my car and wanted an upgrade in my braking. I have extensive history with Stoptech BBKs over the last 11 years. I had four corner BBK on my BMW...
  14. 2

2019 ZR-1 Corvette

I agree with everything you said except "If one design is bad is the other?" The Corvette design is driven by performance. Whether they could make them look different or more cohesive, I don't know and I wouldn't think so. The Honda is designed for looks, not function, which make it overly...
  15. 2

2019 ZR-1 Corvette

Any scoop that is on the car is functional. It has 12 radiators and the 755HP is a "worse case scenario" meaning when the engine is heat soaked, it'll make 755HP. In better conditions, it'll make upwards of 800+HP. The Civic Type R comparison is a bit absurd IMHO. GM learned their lesson with...