GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 19birel

1. 19birel

CSB3: Three Hairs On Your Nipple Makes You A Man

I'd be down if it wasn't 5hrs away in PGH haha
  2. 19birel

Clutch Suggestions?

Also curious as to which spec clutch you have- I have 3+ in my A4 and it's very daily drive friendly- didn't see a 3+ option for the MK7 though last time I looked
  3. 19birel

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

If you ditch the APR tune I think you'll be much happier. On my GTI I have stock fueling, twintercooler, cobb downpipe, and a tune I made on opensource (low torque to I don't nuke the stock clutch) and power is dead consistent.
  4. 19birel

Boosting on a Budget- 19birel's MK7.5 Build

Nice! Happy to offer any insight and advice I can with OS, theres definitely a learning curve but it's worth it! It was too good to pass up, I was bummed when I missed out the first time so when I saw I had a second chance I had to cop one haha. Good to know it's a quality core, I still do not...
  5. 19birel

Should I get rear main seal replaced?

I have an IABED RMS in my A4 (EA888.2) for the past few years (installed when clutch/flywheel were done) and it hasn't had an issue. Wouldn't hesitate to put one in the GTI
  6. 19birel

Building Otto

Mine is still hanging on with the DTR, but I'm playing it safe on torque which has helped.
  7. 19birel

Building Otto

Clutch shopping is such a pain, I'll be curious to see what you go with as I'm in the market too. My clutch hasn't slipped yet, but it's stock so it's likely on borrowed time haha
  8. 19birel

Building Otto

Damn, I would've thought that would be strong enough to hold up!
  9. 19birel

Building Otto

What clutch are you running? Did you delete that pesky delay valve?
  10. 19birel

Thanks man! And do itttt! It was surprisingly easy to make (wiring is not my forte either) and makes for a fun saturday afternoon project!
  11. 19birel

Show us your MK7

Does this count as showing my MK7?
  12. 19birel

Put together a little story time video on the GTI's journey up to this point, hoping to do some more Youtube this year. Give it a watch if you're keen!
  13. 19birel

Going from 15's to 17's

+1 for the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4, I run these on my daily driver A4 Quattro and love them. Great performance, and when our winter was just a little to mild to justify putting my snow tyres on, the A/S 4s were competent enough to be safe on the few random snow days we did receive. I've run a...
  14. 19birel

Going from 15's to 17's

^^ As Derhase mentioned tyre choice will likely have the biggest impact. Fwiw my sister has a Golf 1.8TSI on 15" wheels with standard suspension, and I have a GTI with factory 18" wheels & aftermarket 17" wheels that is lowered slightly with aftermarket springs and dampers. With the 17" wheels...
  15. 19birel

In process: Alibaba GTI build

Not sure if this was the case, but if a private party was selling it on Copart they could've made an attempt to conceal or misrepresent the car. Whenever I'm looking on Copart I effectively limit my search to cars being sold by insurance in attempt to reduce risk. That said I usually end up...