GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by 0bLiViOuS

1. 0

Charge pipes thread to end all

So Mishimoto's recent development of charge pipes got me thinking about the need, or lack of need, upgraded charge pipes. As always, I'm here to start the thought process and love to hear from people on their opinions. The hp numbers I use will be roughly 10% above average whp dynos since the...
  2. 0

Can anyone help me pick up a WinBook TW801 tablet?

I had a similar issue on some Lenovos at work. I forget the name of it in device manager, but I think there is an HID-touch device. Try to uninstall the device from device manager, reboot and see if it reinstalls and fixes it. If I had a Micro Center close that carried it I would pick it up...
  3. 0

E85 Tracking

So I've been using an informal sheet for awhile to track my E85 blending. Tonight I decided to actually make a spreadsheet and share it to whoever wants to use it. It shows the E% for that tank and overall octane rating. It will carry this onto the next tank (I could not find an app that did...
  4. 0

IAT Thread

So hopefully this will be the end all of IAT threads. I have yet to do all the testing, but began with some basic stuff tonight. I would like to repeat this particular first test when it's hot out. The purpose of the thread is to rule out hearsay of what affects IATs with data to back it up...
  5. 0

My Dyno Session

Ok so I could have posted this info in a few different places, but figured I'd do one post and reference this one in all the other relevant posts. I had a few different goals for this session and I'll let them below with a summary on each. 1. Dyno car with JB1 map1 @ 5.4. Just JB1, aFe panel...
  6. 0

JB1 GTI vs E46 M3

So the guy got ahead of me by downshifting and running a red. Next light he was stopped and I caught up to him. I knew he'd go but we had a car in-between us so I couldn't do "the look" lol. Light went green, eased off the line normally but progressively gave her just a little more to see if the...
  7. 0

JB1 GTI vs 2016 BMW 750i

Not really surprised with the results, but walked a new 750i. Went from about 30-100 and wasn't sure if he was going to go so I let him get the hit but quickly caught up and had a car length by 70 and quite a few by 100. My guess is he backed out around 70. Sure it's 4800+ lbs but still puts up...
  8. 0

JB1 GTI vs E92 M3

No video which ways sucks, but got an M3 to bite from about 40-100 (kph of course in Mexico ;)) and in a nutshell I walked him. I know he had an exhaust, but he turned before I could try and talk to him. I'm just running Jb1 w/DP on map 1 @ 4.8 for those wondering. I gotta get a GoPro and just...
  9. 0

Cobb Stage 1 Focus RS

Friend just sent me this and we were a little disappointed. I think it'll take a Stage 2 (or higher) to compete with a Stage 2 GTI. http://www.cobbtuning.com/ford-focus-rs-power-gains-and-development/
  10. 0

ECS mounts

Not sure if anyone has seen the new "034" style mount released by ECS. interesting they used polyurethane and an aluminum mounting plate. They also now offer a complete pendulum replacement...
  11. 0

BFI now carrying Sachs kit

Just got an email that BFI now carries the Sachs performance clutch. At least another option besides ED is carrying it now :) BFI is $50 cheaper when you factor in the throwout bearing. http://store.blackforestindustries.com/bficlspsarac1
  12. 0

GTI vs Veloster Turbo

Came across some kids driving erratically and knew I could get a race from them lol. 3 people in the Veloster and I made the comment at the light they had the weight disadvantage and they started saying how the GTI is a POS blah blah. Light turns green, I lit up my tires a bit too much (on a...
  13. 0

P0101 code today

Well first CEL. P0101 which is for the MAF... Which I assume is our MAP sensor. Cleared it but we'll see if it returns. Checked for vacuum leaks at any hoses but nothing. I was just cruising 70mph on the freeway when it came on. Not even boosting or anything. I checked the connections to the...
  14. 0

Integrated boost gauge

More an FYI based on my findings today. I believe it is specifying requested boost and not actual as Going thought. I was actually hitting HIGHER pressure according to my APR gauge but I believe this is due to my JB1. Hitting about 25psi but the integrated gauge said ~17psi (~32-14.7). Just...
  15. 0

APR Pendulum Mount

Anyone know if this fits an MK7? They say "similar vehicles equipped with the 1.8 and 2.0" but you think they would list the MK7 with the others if so. Just curious if anyone has tried it and if so, did it fit and their thoughts.