GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Video of carbon buildup on valves with the euro MPI

hexdriver

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R MT
I found this video researching multiport injection, the valves look like they are in good shape, I am considering just doing the euro mpi setup with the stock 200cc injectors

hexdriver

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 Golf R MT
That's because they use MPI at low load. You gonna tune it to use MPI at low load?
Hey Diggs thanks for chiming in, I am somewhat familiar with the factory behavior of the additional injectors at low torque, the video is the first example I have seen demonstrating a positive effect of port injection for carbon buildup on the valves, MPI seems to work pretty well. I got a euro manifold when I was planning on stage 3 its has the factory injectors and sensors now I am trying to figure out which tuners will can do tune to activate the OEM injectors and do a mild tune, there is a UM tuner a few hours away or the eqt custom e-tune, also debating adding the flex sensor just cause I am in there

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Tuning for MPI retrofit is normally port injectors running at WOT or high demand, OEM MPI on Row Vehicles runs when cruising and at idle I believe. Hence tune it for low load, don't know anyone who does at the moment.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Tuning for MPI retrofit is normally port injectors running at WOT or high demand, OEM MPI on Row Vehicles runs when cruising and at idle I believe. Hence tune it for low load, don't know anyone who does at the moment.
I ran your response through chatGPT because I still have no idea what you're saying. Is this accurate?

This means that when tuning an engine for a retrofit with a multi-point fuel injection (MPI) system, the focus is usually on optimizing the performance during wide-open throttle (WOT) or high-demand situations. The retrofit typically involves installing port injectors, which are responsible for injecting fuel into the engine.

"OEM MPI on Row Vehicles runs when cruising and at idle I believe..."

In original equipment manufacturer (OEM) vehicles with MPI systems, the injectors typically operate during cruising (when the vehicle is maintaining a constant speed) and at idle (when the vehicle is not moving). This is different from the retrofit scenario mentioned earlier, where the focus is on WOT or high-demand situations.

"Hence tune it for low load, don't know anyone who does at the moment."

Due to the difference in how MPI systems are used in retrofit versus OEM vehicles, the suggestion here is to tune the engine for low load conditions. This means optimizing the engine performance when it's not under heavy demand. However, the person stating this is not aware of anyone currently doing such tuning.

In summary, the statement is highlighting the difference in tuning approaches between MPI retrofit (focused on WOT or high-demand situations) and OEM MPI systems (focused on cruising and idle), and suggesting that tuning for low load conditions is not a common practice at the moment.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I ran your response through chatGPT because I still have no idea what you're saying. Is this accurate?

This means that when tuning an engine for a retrofit with a multi-point fuel injection (MPI) system, the focus is usually on optimizing the performance during wide-open throttle (WOT) or high-demand situations. The retrofit typically involves installing port injectors, which are responsible for injecting fuel into the engine.

"OEM MPI on Row Vehicles runs when cruising and at idle I believe..."

In original equipment manufacturer (OEM) vehicles with MPI systems, the injectors typically operate during cruising (when the vehicle is maintaining a constant speed) and at idle (when the vehicle is not moving). This is different from the retrofit scenario mentioned earlier, where the focus is on WOT or high-demand situations.

"Hence tune it for low load, don't know anyone who does at the moment."

Due to the difference in how MPI systems are used in retrofit versus OEM vehicles, the suggestion here is to tune the engine for low load conditions. This means optimizing the engine performance when it's not under heavy demand. However, the person stating this is not aware of anyone currently doing such tuning.

In summary, the statement is highlighting the difference in tuning approaches between MPI retrofit (focused on WOT or high-demand situations) and OEM MPI systems (focused on cruising and idle), and suggesting that tuning for low load conditions is not a common practice at the moment.
Yup. Oem MPI on ROW vehicles are 125 or 200cc injectors. They help in low load situations on the vehicle. NAR vehicles that retrofit MPI are shoving 980cc or modified to 1300cc injectors, the goal here is to dump more fuel than then DI injectors can safely do on their own into the cylinder. This is beneficial when running increased timing, or in the case of e85 which isn't as energy dense as pump gas, add enough volume of fuel for the combustion your asking.

Tuning for MPI is performance driven, where OEM MPI is for mileage or environmental reasons.