GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Ikbrown

Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
Just got new wheels and I haven't dealt with TPMS before. Do y'all get new TPMS sensors? Abandon TPMS and just deal with the light? Disable the light (illegal tho technically right?)? If TPMS will work with the wheels, which ones would I need for a 2019 Alltrack? Wheels are Motegi MR146 if that matters at all. OEM sensors seem insane but others online seem to be fairly reasonable.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Just got new wheels and I haven't dealt with TPMS before. Do y'all get new TPMS sensors? Abandon TPMS and just deal with the light? Disable the light (illegal tho technically right?)? If TPMS will work with the wheels, which ones would I need for a 2019 Alltrack? Wheels are Motegi MR146 if that matters at all. OEM sensors seem insane but others online seem to be fairly reasonable.
Don’t need TPMS sensors for these cars - they use ABS/wheel speed sensors to determine if any wheels are moving faster (and thus are running flat).

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
What a relief, thanks!
If you change tire sizes, the light will still come on, but there's either a button in the glove box you push and hold or you can go into the "car" menu on the infotainment to reset the light (not sure which method the alltrack has).

Ikbrown

Car(s)
2019 Alltrack
If you change tire sizes, the light will still come on, but there's either a button in the glove box you push and hold or you can go into the "car" menu on the infotainment to reset the light (not sure which method the alltrack has).
Yup, my tire size will be slightly shorter than the stock Alltrack tires so I'll reset after getting them on. For my '19 Alltrack reset is done in the car menu.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Anyone know the correct part number for the upstream o2 sensor for a 2019 GTI?
FCP Euro sent me one (guaranteed fit) that is five pins in a straight line, but mine is two rows of three.

Attachments

• IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0760.jpg
    IMG_0760.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 34

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What the…..

Cars been running fine to include this morning. Leaving from a stoplight, car went three-quarter full boost, then boost dropped down and banged 4-5 psi, had stutter, random -17 knock registered on AP, and EPC light came on.

I drove home the rest of the way, keeping it under five psi boost, and it drove fine….no knock, no studdering and no issues at other stoplights.

OBDeleven shows three engine faults but nothing specific. Going to use a generic OBD scanner later, but SEEMED like a fuel cut…. Could that be hpfp related? Bought it used so it’s the only thing that’s changed recently

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Car has been running rough lately. CEL on

EQT stage 2. Have run this for most of the year with the rear O2 sensor unplugged, with only an occasional CEL from a WOT event, which never caused the car to run badly. Reset the code and it's good to go. These codes however, keep coming back.

Any ideas?

P0138/509C
O2 sensor bank 1 Sensor 2 high voltage

P0141/50A0
O2 sensor heater circ. bank 1 sensor 2 malfunction

P2096/3A6C
Post catalyst fuel trim system bank 1 too lean

P2271/49F6
O2 sensor stuck rich bank 1 sensor 2

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Car has been running rough lately. CEL on

EQT stage 2. Have run this for most of the year with the rear O2 sensor unplugged, with only an occasional CEL from a WOT event, which never caused the car to run badly. Reset the code and it's good to go. These codes however, keep coming back.

Any ideas?

P0138/509C
O2 sensor bank 1 Sensor 2 high voltage

P0141/50A0
O2 sensor heater circ. bank 1 sensor 2 malfunction

P2096/3A6C
Post catalyst fuel trim system bank 1 too lean

P2271/49F6
O2 sensor stuck rich bank 1 sensor 2
replace o2 sensor