GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Are you swapping over the harness/heating pad/pressure sensor from your stock seats or did you just order everything new?
Swapping over the occupancy sensor or the heating pads would require destroying the stock seats. They're glued between the foam layers.

You can disconnect and reuse the seat harnesses, passenger airbag module, and seat belt clips.

Occupancy isn't too expensive, about 90 depending on make/model. The other 3 pads would probably run you 200ish if you wanted them.

Harnesses are 100ish, really only need the passenger side unless doing heating pads.

Other than that a rail sensor for driver side, pass harness has it built in, and seat airbag cancellers.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Way later than I thought, but these are the washers I'm using to raise the bracket from the floor. 3/8" Fender washers. My strategy is effectively to leave at least ~3/8" of threaded portion exposed, I'm not sure (yet) on how high I need the bracket to be from the floor, I had also stacked some smaller washers between the seat and the sliders to raise the seat from the bracket, but I only did a handful of washers on each bolt on that one.
PXL_20230319_222840173.jpg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Received my order from DarkSide Developments in the UK, shout out to them for machining a batch of bronze shift fork ends the day I placed the order.

So with that I’m 99% sure I’ve got everything here to rebuild & assemble the transmission.

I take that back, still need sealant, but I have black RTV that’s oil rated so unless there’s a super specific kind it has to be I’m about ready.

Famous last words, “all it lacks is finishing up”.

Still haven’t got a 100% answer from DKM yet btw, let alone a clutch back from them.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Received my order from DarkSide Developments in the UK, shout out to them for machining a batch of bronze shift fork ends the day I placed the order.

So with that I’m 99% sure I’ve got everything here to rebuild & assemble the transmission.

I take that back, still need sealant, but I have black RTV that’s oil rated so unless there’s a super specific kind it has to be I’m about ready.

Still haven’t got a 100% answer from DKM yet btw, let alone a clutch back from them.
That's bullshit man. Fuck those guys.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

When I looked into it a lot of o2m guys used this cause the oem is like 80bucks for a jumbo tube and it’s supposed to be the same Goop
…. I used the gray gear oil gasket maker below and just tried to be sparse with it since the preload gets affected based on the gap it makes vs the thin proper sealant. (Didn’t leak though,lol)

Also - using the Sachs oe input shaft specif “grease” on the spline made and noticeable difference on the DMK when I had it in Vs when it was first installed without the grease.

image.jpg

For what it’s worth - my dmk was a new “fixed” version and when comparing the spline tolerances back to back with the oem dics, fx500, and ringer disc the dmk had excessive play in their fitment compared to all of them…

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
When I looked into it a lot of o2m guys used this cause the oem is like 80bucks for a jumbo tube and it’s supposed to be the same Goop
…. I used the gray gear oil gasket maker below and just tried to be sparse with it since the preload gets affected based on the gap it makes vs the thin proper sealant. (Didn’t leak though,lol)

Also - using the Sachs oe input shaft specif “grease” on the spline made and noticeable difference on the DMK when I had it in Vs when it was first installed without the grease.

View attachment 276306

For what it’s worth - my dmk was a new “fixed” version and when comparing the spline tolerances back to back with the oem dics, fx500, and ringer disc the dmk had excessive play in their fitment compared to all of them…

I got the next closest thing to OEM, 85420 (should’ve called it 69420). Picked it up from Napa today so that’s the last thing crossed off the list.

ACT included input shaft lube so I’m set there.