GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Climate control unit Not getting power

Cluelessmk7

Car(s)
2015 Vw golf R
Need help, after installing a few parts into my car, FMIC, discharge pipe I noticed my whole climate control unit/HVAC unit not getting power ( A/C, heated seats, windshield defroster) literally no power to that unit at all, checked fuses & everything seems to check out not sure how to go about this or what else to do besides going to A/C shops & getting told they can’t find anything, figured this is an electrical issue & seriously want to get it fixed, any pointers or things I should try doing? Thanks in advance!

Cluelessmk7

Car(s)
2015 Vw golf R
62FA68D9-59B4-4C16-BFDF-B35DDA29BADA.jpeg

Reference to what I mean by no power at all.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Probably gotta pull it out and check the connectors on the back, even though you haven't been back there and they have clips to hold them in.
And I know you said you checked fuses, but I would double check... Fuse 7, 14, and 34 in the cabin fuse box.

Cluelessmk7

Car(s)
2015 Vw golf R
Probably gotta pull it out and check the connectors on the back, even though you haven't been back there and they have clips to hold them in.
And I know you said you checked fuses, but I would double check... Fuse 7, 14, and 34 in the cabin fuse box.
I’ll double check the fuses again just be be 100% sure, does the car have to be On the ON position at all for those fuses to get checked? I’m using a basic autozone fuse checker

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I’ll double check the fuses again just be be 100% sure, does the car have to be On the ON position at all for those fuses to get checked? I’m using a basic autozone fuse checker
No it doesn't have to be on.

theblackgt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 GTI / BMW F07
you ever figure out what was wrong? i'm having this exact same issue now, and I have a 400 mile drive to Canada tomorrow :(

RockTheHutch

Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Did anyone ever find a solution to this? did the same job, new Intercooler, and now no power to my Climate control panel....I must have done something wrong, but what? lol

theblackgt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 GTI / BMW F07
Did anyone ever find a solution to this? did the same job, new Intercooler, and now no power to my Climate control panel....I must have done something wrong, but what? lol
for me the actual panel had blown, so I had to get a new one. you can find one off ebay for like $40-80, I got i’ve from a local junkyard for $60. plugged in and I think my euro shop had to recalibrate it but worked like new again