GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

heated seats retrofit

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
You will need to match the coding of the new unit to what your old unit had. VCDS or OBDEleven log, just copy over the long coding.

Yeah, coding has to match, but I guess my point (without saying directly) is that swapping out one unit for the same unit + heated seats should be a direct swap, with no programming changes needed. When I swapped in my heated seat AC control unit, the coding matched my original perfectly.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I might then ask what's the difference between "programming" and coding? I don't know that programming is a term usually used for our cars so I took programming to mean coding.

One might get lucky and not need to code anything assuming the car it comes from is equipped just like yours except for heated seats. But I wouldn't count on that. I would have OBD or VCDS available, or have access to one of them to be safe

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
As long as the Ali harness looks like the Kufatec one:

you should be fine. You'll have an easier job than I did. For me, I used this harness, but the black 10-pin connectors were changed in 2016 to red 17-pin connectors on US cars, and Kufatec was not aware of this change and therefore have not produced the appropriate harness. I had to remove the pins from the Kufatec connectors and re-map them to the appropriate slots on my car's 17-pin connectors. You can see the 5 pins that connect to the BCM. There is also a 6th wire one not shown, that's terminal 30 power from the fuse box to the BCM to supply power to the heated seats.

As for coding, if memory serves me you only need to change one line of coding in the BCM to activate the heated seats:

09 Central Electrics --> Seat heater level current consumption allocation --> Sitzheitzung CAN --> change from "not installed" to "Sitzheitzung bei BCM"
Hi there, hope you are still on this forum. Could you directly pull the pins out of the black 10 pin connector and put them in the red 17 pin connector? or did you need to cut the wires and install other pins to the wires to fit in the red connector. Already great thanks! Greets Chris.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Hi there, hope you are still on this forum. Could you directly pull the pins out of the black 10 pin connector and put them in the red 17 pin connector? or did you need to cut the wires and install other pins to the wires to fit in the red connector. Already great thanks! Greets Chris.
Yes and no.

I was able to re-map all but one pin from the 10-pin black plug kufatec plug to the 17-pin red plug. One pin did not match the socket size on the plug. For that one I had to splice in a connecting wire from the kufatec harness to the seat harness and bypass the connector altogether. If you have a nice assortment of spare pins of various sizes, you could just crimp the proper new pin for that one wire.

I made this pin map for connections between the BCM and T17 left and right plugs.

This is the pin numbering of T17.

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
Yes and no.

I was able to re-map all but one pin from the 10-pin black plug kufatec plug to the 17-pin red plug. One pin did not match the socket size on the plug. For that one I had to splice in a connecting wire from the kufatec harness to the seat harness and bypass the connector altogether. If you have a nice assortment of spare pins of various sizes, you could just crimp the proper new pin for that one wire.

I made this pin map for connections between the BCM and T17 left and right plugs.

This is the pin numbering of T17.
Sorry, didn't thank you already, so thank you very much, that's great news. Today I ordered also a set with the old 10 pin connector, I hope I figure everything thing out.

Edit: Sorry, I tried to open the pin numbering of T17, I think you have received several messages for getting acces, because it's not freely accessible.

Last edited:

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
Sorry, didn't thank you already, so thank you very much, that's great news. Today I ordered also a set with the old 10 pin connector, I hope I figure everything thing out.

Edit: Sorry, I tried to open the pin numbering of T17, I think you have received several messages for getting acces, because it's not freely accessible.

Don't know why you still don't have access, which google tells me I granted, but here's a new link. I changed to permissions so all can see:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15tbl_pVxW_SJGfoUe7Ivb5HYTJvLUC6G/view?usp=sharing

Meesters

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 Variant
Don't know why you still don't have access, which google tells me I granted, but here's a new link. I changed to permissions so all can see:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/15tbl_pVxW_SJGfoUe7Ivb5HYTJvLUC6G/view?usp=sharing
Hello, Just wanted to let you know how I did it in the end.

I just swapped over the wires with the red connector from my current to the new seats itself, they replace the small 2 and 4 pin connectors for driver and passenger side. I added the black 10 pin connector and wiring to the car for electric adjustment and heating, as original on pre-facelift.

This way I didn't need to re-pin or splice any wire or pin at all. And another nice thing is that the connector-holder underneath the seat has place for both types of connector, so they are clipped in both, as you can see on the pictures. It gives a nice OEM look.

I found adaptation settings, but I don't know if they are original as VW would do, do you know perhaps if they are correct?

Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 1 obere Schaltschwelle - 0.00
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 1 untere Schaltschwelle - 0.00
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 2 obere Schaltschwelle - 22.50
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 2 untere Schaltschwelle - 21.50
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 3 obere Schaltschwelle - 0.00c
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 3 untere Schaltschwelle - 0.00
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 4 obere Schaltschwelle - 36.00
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 4 untere Schaltschwelle - 35.00
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 5 obere Schaltschwelle - 0.00
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 5 untere Schaltschwelle - 0.00
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 6 obere Schaltschwelle - 53.00
Seat heater level current consumption allocation-Sitzheizung Stufe 6 untere Schaltschwelle - 52.00

Great thanks already!

Chris.

Attachments

• 20230325_163242.jpg
    20230325_163242.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
  • 20230325_142252.jpg
    20230325_142252.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
  • 20230323_183355.jpg
    20230323_183355.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 78
  • 20230323_183422.jpg
    20230323_183422.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 83

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion
My values according to OBDeleven (second column is translated and indicates which heater cushion):

Sitzheizung Stufe 1 untere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 1 lower threshold (bottom):
16.00 °C16.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 1 obere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 1 upper threshold (bottom):
18.00 °C18.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 2 untere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 2 lower threshold (back):
16.00 °C16.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 2 obere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 2 upper threshold (back):
18.00 °C18.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 3 untere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 3 lower threshold (bottom):
24.00 °C24.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 3 obere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 3 upper threshold (bottom):
26.00 °C26.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 4 untere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 4 lower threshold (back):
24.00 °C24.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 4 obere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 4 upper threshold (back):
26.00 °C26.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 5 untere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 5 lower threshold (bottom):
48.00 °C48.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 5 obere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 5 upper threshold (bottom):
49.00 °C49.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 6 untere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 6 lower threshold (back):
48.00 °C48.00 ° C
Sitzheizung Stufe 6 obere Schaltschwelle:Seat heating level 6 upper threshold (back):
49.00 °C49.00 ° C

Luismp

Car(s)
Golf 7.5 TDI 2019
I'm thinking of changing my most basic version seats for a Golf 7.5 R, my Golf is also a 7.5 plus the R seats are from an English car. Are they direct swaps or do I have to see if there are sensors that I have to take from mine to the ones on the R?

AUTOSAN

Car(s)
Mk7
Description of retrofit my 2014 VW Golf 7 with ergoActive massage seats. The car factory equipped with heated front seats without massage. The manual applies to vehicles manufactured before 07. 2016. The whole modification is based on pulling the red-black cable 1,5mm2 between the socket of the fuse SC45 (it is necessary to buy a special thermal fuse 443937105B and pin N90732703 [ 000979227E ]) located in the fuse box "C" under the steering wheel to the TSVL connector under the driver's seat. TSVL connector on the side of the body is a 10 pin black T10h connector ( 4F0937743 ), where at pin 1 we complete the pin N10319005 [ 000979226E ] for powering ergoActive. For this modification we don’t use VCDS, the functionality works right away.

Parts needed:

• pin N90732703 [ 000979227E ] = female pin 4,8 / 2,5mm2 SPT
• pin N10319005 [ 000979226E ] = male pin 2,8 / 2,5mm2 JPT M280 ; MTA 1108300
• thermal fuse 443937105B
• red-black cable 1,5mm2

Remarks:

To insert the connector in the fuse box, it is worth to help yourself with the steel strip 3,8x1x300mm described in https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...cabin-fuse-box-in-a-couple-of-minutes.373501/ The SC45 socket doesn't have a purple safety latch. The connection of the front seats was changed after 07. 2016 to a different red color connector 4F0972575B – which uses other pins or requires adapter.

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
what are the part numbers for the switch and module you used?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
According to Alibaba the 084AK is a low BCM.
IMG_6134.jpeg

JayJayMk7

Car(s)
Golf 2015 MY16
Thanks for the reply.
Guess no heated seats for me then. Unless getting to the BCM is easy and programming a new one is easy too. If it’s a hassle then I won’t worry about it.