GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Mk7R_matey

Car(s)
Mk7.5 Golf R DSG
I think
I do have a draggy. EQT stage one with no mods other than tune I was able to cut a 3.88 0-60 with a 12.2 @ 110 at the strip(draggy confirmed). With the DTR im hoping for 400-420ish hp and low 11s even slipping into the 10s is the goal.
I think this is possible especially with eqt tune and a hfc or catless dp. There is little to none 1/4 times for this turbo on the R for some reason ppl love posting 1/8 times…

Slowms3

Ready to race!
I think

I think this is possible especially with eqt tune and a hfc or catless dp. There is little to none 1/4 times for this turbo on the R for some reason ppl love posting 1/8 times…
Well I’ll try and change that in 2 months time. Track opens then. Hoping to have the car fully tuned and ready to go.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
I think

Probably because it's a bit more palatable to get an 1/8 mile run in somewhere on the street than try to blast down public roads at 115-120mph for a clean 1/4 mile run with space to shut it down. Not everybody is comfortable doing that or if you even have track access, may only be 1/8 mile near them. I borrowed a dragy for a bit over a week and I struggled just to find a good spot to find a 0-60 or do an 1/8th mile that was clean and felt like a degen just doing that. Factor in the number of golf Rs with this turbo, location or track access, and actually care about these metrics, just leaves not a lot of data points I suspect. FWIW, I guy with an A3 posted a dragy of 11.59@118 on 91 with no fuel mods on the street. From what he posted, he is moving to a custom EQT tune with hpfp/lpfp and upgraded map/put sensors. Will be interesting to see what numbers are possible maxing out this turbo. To be honest as some one with this turbo, if I was going for 1/4 mile times I wouldn't even consider it, I'd have a vortex XL.

Slowms3

Ready to race!
Probably because it's a bit more palatable to get an 1/8 mile run in somewhere on the street than try to blast down public roads at 115-120mph for a clean 1/4 mile run with space to shut it down. Not everybody is comfortable doing that or if you even have track access, may only be 1/8 mile near them. I borrowed a dragy for a bit over a week and I struggled just to find a good spot to find a 0-60 or do an 1/8th mile that was clean and felt like a degen just doing that. Factor in the number of golf Rs with this turbo, location or track access, and actually care about these metrics, just leaves not a lot of data points I suspect. FWIW, I guy with an A3 posted a dragy of 11.59@118 on 91 with no fuel mods on the street. From what he posted, he is moving to a custom EQT tune with hpfp/lpfp and upgraded map/put sensors. Will be interesting to see what numbers are possible maxing out this turbo. To be honest as some one with this turbo, if I was going for 1/4 mile times I wouldn't even consider it, I'd have a vortex XL.

Yea I’m not going max or full tilt. I only race it 3-4x a year depending. I wanted something not too crazy where I would encourage myself to push the stock block past its happy place. But also wanted more than stock IS38

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Yea I’m not going max or full tilt. I only race it 3-4x a year depending. I wanted something not too crazy where I would encourage myself to push the stock block past its happy place. But also wanted more than stock IS38
In that case I think you'll be pretty happy. I don't track my car, but wanted something a bit more than the is38 as well, the DTR6054 fit the bill. I look forward to your results

Slowms3

Ready to race!
There are turbos that spool faster than the DTR for your power goals.
Yea I got the turbo for a steal so it fits into my budget. I appreciate your comment though

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed this APR 6054 turbo on my buddies 2020 GLI. Thought the install went smooth enough. Drove carefully on the way to get it's tune. After the tune EPC light comes on. Obdeleven points to wastegate. Some how some way it was right around a 2.5 Not sure how this happened I thought we were careful. What a freaking nightmare adjusting it while in the car. Sorry no empirical data but the car is smooth and lag isn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be. He's more than happy with it. Eventually we'll line up and race from a roll

Slowms3

Ready to race!
Alright folks got all the parts in
Dtr 6054 turbo(bought hardware from apr)
Do888 fmic
Cobb catted dp
Cobb intake
Autotech hpfp
EQT lpfp
Black Forest motor mount kit
Denso 2 step colder plugs
Tmap and put sensors

Should all be in the next few weeks and the dragway opens up April 1st. If everything goes to plan I’ll have a run on April 3rd. See what she does.

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Alright folks got all the parts in
Dtr 6054 turbo(bought hardware from apr)
Do888 fmic
Cobb catted dp
Cobb intake
Autotech hpfp
EQT lpfp
Black Forest motor mount kit
Denso 2 step colder plugs
Tmap and put sensors

Should all be in the next few weeks and the dragway opens up April 1st. If everything goes to plan I’ll have a run on April 3rd. See what she does.
Golf R, or custom tune GTI?

Slowms3

Ready to race!
Everything is in and on my 2nd revision. I haven’t done any 60-130 not a ton of Hwy around here that I would feel comfortable with that. Once the tune is finalized I will be at the dragway. I did a 0-60 on a slight -3% slope and it just roasted tires through 1st(45 degrees and winter tires) and did a 3.5. Bet once it gets warmer and my summers are on I’ll be able to get closer to a 2.9-3.1 area.

Slowms3

Ready to race!
@Arin@APR Do you guys know or have any data on the quickest 1/4 mile with this turbo?