GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY Multi-port Injection Kit.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
how do other harnesses get the 5v power for the lpfp sensor?
I cheated. Put in another circuit 12VDC to 5VDC 5A Converter Step Down Regulator 25W transformer

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Were you not able to put your OE engine cover bracket back on with the OE rail? I bought one to try and fix that issue with my A2B rail.
It's on. Hose was rubbing a bit. I stole from somewhere else to protect it. SAI hose bushings are nice to cut down and stop rubbing. Electrical tape around it and almost looks stock

Lurchalicious

Ready to race!
I cheated. Put in another circuit 12VDC to 5VDC 5A Converter Step Down Regulator 25W transformer
I had read that, i was curious how other companies harnesses were pulling 5v - appears its from an intake runner position sensor?

You mentioned that pulling the 5v from that sensor caused some codes?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
I had read that, i was curious how other companies harnesses were pulling 5v - appears its from an intake runner position sensor?

You mentioned that pulling the 5v from that sensor caused some codes?
Yes pulling electricity from the flap sensor will cause a fault, maybe they tune it out 🤷 perhaps someone else can chip in. But fwiw the $12 transformer and $3 for add a fuse was. $$ > Time

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Saw your bolt specs were based on the inserts you're using. Any idea what the thread is on the Euro manifold that comes pre-threaded?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Does this require a custom tune? Or are there off the shelf tunes that activate them at cold start or however they are used in europe.

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Does this require a custom tune? Or are there off the shelf tunes that activate them at cold start or however they are used in europe.
You need a custom tune. Row cars with mpi are only running something like 160cc injectors. The priority tables on combustion need changed, the injector pw and dead time will be wrong

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Saw your bolt specs were based on the inserts you're using. Any idea what the thread is on the Euro manifold that comes pre-threaded?
M6x1 x 40 be my guess. It's pretty close

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Yes pulling electricity from the flap sensor will cause a fault, maybe they tune it out 🤷 perhaps someone else can chip in. But fwiw the $12 transformer and $3 for add a fuse was. $$ > Time
We can definitively say that a correctly wired flap sensor piggyback does work.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I’m going to add to this once I get the manifold installed and tuned. I just ran the wiring to the ecu without the need to go to the fuse box for power. I’m using a euro wiring harness.

jacekk1986

Car(s)
GTI MK7
Hi, I will make the same operation near future. But I need few more info about wiring. Can somebody tell me how to connect 3pin connector (4F0973703) Male & Female version to manifold flap control? Thanks in advance for help

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Hi, I will make the same operation near future. But I need few more info about wiring. Can somebody tell me how to connect 3pin connector (4F0973703) Male & Female version to manifold flap control? Thanks in advance for help
Are you attempting to loop the flap sensor for power and ground to the LPFS?

If so you'll need the male connector as well. I don't have the PN on hand. You essentially double wire power and ground and just loop signal between the two and send power and ground to the Lpfs and then ecu from that sensor.

f75c995a-e351-4168-bb57-ffb3c317b465.jpg