GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Willing to share that STL? I don't hate this solution at all.

I printed a holder for mine that goes over the vent but I like this one a little more.

Just buy the Vektor already

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Do you have the rain sensor?
Yeah, rain sensor and all that jazz. That gets reused but apparently there's a trick with the gel. Had a couple codes pop up and they fiddled with it for a second and everything went away.

Picking it up from tint in about 10 minutes, then dropping my wife's TDI off for her 80k service. Busy and expensive car day.

Roald

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI mk 7 2017
Your only option for a replacement shell is to find someone who understands a married Accessport is worth nothing (since it costs 70% to relicense, which is the same cost or more you can buy a used one for), and see if they'll sell it to you for like $20. I have a replacement shell you can have for free if you want, but the clear screen plastic is cracked and the back has a couple scratches. I'll upload some pics in a bit. But, I'll send it to you for nothing if you want it.

One thing to keep in mind if it matters to you, is your serial number is attached to the shell, so if you replace the front part of the shell, the s/n won't match.

Also, that's a pretty nice mount solution, would you be willing to share the stl?
I added to the 3d printer specific thread and thought I would repost here too.

https://www.printables.com/model/395690-cobb-accessport-mount

I've also been working on a coinslot cover that matches the factory radius, its very much a WIP but I'm getting close I think.
https://www.printables.com/model/395695-gti-mk7-coinslot-cover

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Oil change.

Then found this:
B5DD8958-4C7A-4FFF-A03A-8E3336F0551F.jpeg

Off to order new coolant reroute hose…

😐

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Drove back from Sweden to Germany - including an overnight 14h ferry ride - in a company 15ton box truck. Speed limit for trucks is 50mph over here.

Afterwards it felt like a relief to be back behind my GTI steering wheel 😉.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You think I'm gonna tired of dumb features like this?

Never gonna happen!
What is that witchcraft and where can I get it?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah, rain sensor and all that jazz. That gets reused but apparently there's a trick with the gel. Had a couple codes pop up and they fiddled with it for a second and everything went away.

Picking it up from tint in about 10 minutes, then dropping my wife's TDI off for her 80k service. Busy and expensive car day.
Just rain sensor? If the triangle looking camera/ sensor too?

I tried to get my windshield replaced 3 times. All 3 times wrong one.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Was gonna do an oil change and plugs change but only got the oil change done. Coil packs are stuck like a mofo. Gonna order a fresh set before I try to rip them out (in case I damage any).

FYI: EQT has mk7 OEM coils on sale, and a few shops have the RS3 coils on sale. Basically the same thing AFAIK.

Ruths are gapped and ready to swap in.

Last edited:

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Was gonna do an oil change and plugs change but only got the oil change done. Coil packs are stuck like a mofo. Gonna order a fresh set before I try to rip them out (in case I damage any).

FYI: EQT has mk7 OEM coils on sale, and a few shops have the RS3 coils on sale. Basically the same thing AFAIK.

Ruths are gapped and ready to swap in.
Go drive first and get the car warm - they should slide right out

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Go drive first and get the car warm - they should slide right out
Did that. They be stuck. I pulled them 5000 miles ago but didn’t grease them when I put them back in. Gonna pull the tops and focus on removing the boots via a few different methods 🤞