GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I definatley recommend folks trying a pedal box at some point, it's so darn simple and makes the driving experience much better and you adapt to it quickly.

I did. It made it feel like the pedal was slammed to the floor with just the slightest bit of input.

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
No gains, but I did tie my PB 60-130 back to back.

Throttle feels more responsive and I seemed to break the tires loose more, not sure if it’s the CAI or just the temperature drop.
Did you brake boost for those 60-130 times?

CarbonDub

Autocross Champion
Did you brake boost for those 60-130 times?
Yes, both brake boosting.

Funny enough I just noticed my 60–110 mph was 0.14s faster with the APR intake, but I somehow lost 0.09s by 120 mph and ended up with the same 60-130 time. It could just be a slope difference for that particular section of road - I do all runs on the same stretch but don’t always start at the exact same spot. The APR test was with a lesser net downhill slope than the stock run though.

Splitting hairs at this point. I stand by my initial take: no significant performance gains, just a bit more responsive throttle, slightly more turbo noise, and a touch deeper exhaust note.

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Yes, both brake boosting.

Funny enough I just noticed my 60–110 mph was 0.14s faster with the APR intake, but I somehow lost 0.09s by 120 mph and ended up with the same 60-130 time. It could just be a slope difference for that particular section of road - I do all runs on the same stretch but don’t always start at the exact same spot. The APR test was with a lesser net downhill slope than the stock run though.

Splitting hairs at this point. I stand by my initial take: no significant performance gains, just a bit more responsive throttle, slightly more turbo noise, and a touch deeper exhaust note.
Yeah, if you already had a drop-in filter and snow guard deleted there probably wasn't much left to be gained with the intake, but the sounds are certainly nice!

The biggest gain is likely to be had from a dp, but obviously part of the allure of this kit is being able to avoid that rabbit hole haha

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I think you have the hp and tq mixed up? Dyno graph shows 432wtq and 405whp
Just got to look at the graph, it does look like he mixed those figures up. That said, that's still an impressive torque number, and it's making peak boost at 3500 which is solid too

Covelight

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
My mistake.

thatgolfrguy

@Arin@APR or @Arin
I have a 2019 DSG Golf R and had the 6054 DTR kit installed with HPFP (And TCU tune) (93 octane). I have been experiencing something very weird. If I do a 2nd gear pull in auto mode (S mode on the transmission), the car will not upshift at the top of 2nd. It will just hit off the limiter. This happens in both S mode and in manual mode and has happened multiple times now. Any ideas on what is causing this? Have other 2019 Golf R owners experienced this issue? It really seems like its hitting a torque limit or something and not upshifting

Last edited:

Slowms3

Ready to race!
I just bought this turbo locally used. Supporting mods are Cobb redline intake/DO888 IC/Hpfp and Lpfp.

I can't find any 1/4 mile times for R's with this turbo. I plan on running it in 2 months when the track opens. Goals are low 11s 118-120mph.(I will be custom tuned through EQT)

Last edited:

19birel

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
I just bought this turbo locally used. Supporting mods at Cobb redline intake/DO888 IC/Hpfp and Lpfp.

I can't find any 1/4 mile times for R's with this turbo. I plan on running it in 2 months when the track opens. Goals are low 11s 118-120mph.(I will be custom tuned through EQT)
Very curious to see what you trap, and a 60-130 run if you have Dragy

Slowms3

Ready to race!
Very curious to see what you trap, and a 60-130 run if you have Dragy
I do have a draggy. EQT stage one with no mods other than tune I was able to cut a 3.88 0-60 with a 12.2 @ 110 at the strip(draggy confirmed). With the DTR im hoping for 400-420ish hp and low 11s even slipping into the 10s is the goal.