GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
How would an honest dealer not know that it's covered... Gotta figure they have seen plenty of these WP/T-Stat repairs over the years.
No idea man. Got a call back from the dealer I have been working with over lunch and he explained they didn't read the whole bulletin about the waterpump/t-stat since November or something so that's why they didn't know the components were covered. It's all good though....he said they were ordering the parts and will let me know when they are in. I got hit with a bout of paranoia ever since my first visit to the dealer so I have been driving my kid's Toyota since. It will be a few days before they get the part, but it still beats the hell out of doing it myself.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Be a man..... do it youself! (y) (x2!)

Maybe have them do a carbon clean since they're in there.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

This depending on mileage…, at least get pics

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S

I was fully prepared to do it myself...but it kind of looks like a pain in the ass so if I can get it done for free I am down. I was thinking about hitting them up for a carbon cleaning while they are in there, but after the hassle I have went through with them for the thermostat, not sure I want to actually give them any of my money.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I mean if you're cleaning your valves, you should do something to keep them clean, like MPI. But MPI will need the support of a bigger LPFP. But if you have all that fueling, it'd be a shame to not use it, so you should also get a big turbo.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I mean if you're cleaning your valves, you should do something to keep them clean, like MPI. But MPI will need the support of a bigger LPFP. But if you have all that fueling, it'd be a shame to not use it, so you should also get a big turbo.
I mean if we're gonna go that far though, it'd only be sensible to get some wider wheels, with good rubber. Can't have all that power without the ability to put it down, it'd be just silly. Something in a nice 10" wide, wrapped in purple crack.

Then at that point, it'd look silly to have stock fenders, may as well get those snazzy CF wider fenders as well. And safety is important so some better brakes and a cage would be a good idea too.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I mean if we're gonna go that far though, it'd only be sensible to get some wider wheels, with good rubber. Can't have all that power without the ability to put it down, it'd be just silly. Something in a nice 10" wide, wrapped in purple crack.

Then at that point, it'd look silly to have stock fenders, may as well get those snazzy CF wider fenders as well. And safety is important so some better brakes and a cage would be a good idea too.
We'd have to make sure that the suspension was also up to snuff. Would suck if you could only be safe in a straight line.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
We'd have to make sure that the suspension was also up to snuff. Would suck if you could only be safe in a straight line.
Very true, I forgot about that one.

When it inevitably blows up though, he'll need that 4cyl LS swap to make 10000hp.

@DrFunkalupicus, we've just saved you a bunch of time. You're welcome. :LOL:;)

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
My wife did say I could get a new turbo and we have a bunch of network site set ups this weekend so I will be getting a nice, fat chunk of OT.....

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
My wife did say I could get a new turbo and we have a bunch of network site set ups this weekend so I will be getting a nice, fat chunk of OT.....
That's a keeper, right there. My wife encourages car parts as well, and has been putting together her own autocross car. Families that race together, stay together.

Networking however... It took me forever to understand the concept behind subnets, and I'm still not 10000% sure I understand why they would be used as opposed to say, VLANs. Networking isn't my strong suit, and the best explanations I can get out of my networking buddy aren't very good.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I mean, James@EQT said he had a few Vortex Std's on sale. And there was another guy with a BNIB Vortex/TMD/Discharge Pipes/Sensors for 2100 on FB marketplace. Just food for thought.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
That's a keeper, right there. My wife encourages car parts as well, and has been putting together her own autocross car. Families that race together, stay together.

Networking however... It took me forever to understand the concept behind subnets, and I'm still not 10000% sure I understand why they would be used as opposed to say, VLANs. Networking isn't my strong suit, and the best explanations I can get out of my networking buddy aren't very good.
I know enough to know what I don't know....but if you want to shoot any networking questions my way, I can try my best to answer them.