GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Consolidated Macan Brembo upgrade thread (READ FIRST POST)

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The wild part to me is that one set came out fine with the pry method. Like, putting on as much pressure as I could given the awkward positioning. The other set broke the second they were looked at.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
For the sake of being thorough, and because I dont see them on the confirmed wheel fitment list, my Rays FXZ 18 x8.5 +45 in Face 3 spec, fit with no spacer and plenty of room.

Also can't remember what year Audi RS3 I used when I ordered my first brakes pads, anyone know? I need to order pads lol.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
For the sake of being thorough, and because I dont see them on the confirmed wheel fitment list, my Rays FXZ 18 x8.5 +45 in Face 3 spec, fit with no spacer and plenty of room.

Also can't remember what year Audi RS3 I used when I ordered my first brakes pads, anyone know? I need to order pads lol.
I always search for 4 pot STI or EVO.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
IIRC, those don't fit PP brakes without spacers, so I'd guess no.

They do fit the PP brakes, just have to run the wheel weights closer to the inside of the barrel

Attachments

• 0FAB49D7-895F-446E-AD8B-66CB2E9BC584.jpeg
    0FAB49D7-895F-446E-AD8B-66CB2E9BC584.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 72

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They do fit the PP brakes, just have to run the wheel weights closer to the inside of the barrel
We have a member that used to run those wheels with PP, and they fit with the weight locations you describe with used pads, but he got interference when he put fresh pads in, and had to run spacers.

In my opinion, that means they don't fit without spacers.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
We have a member that used to run those wheels with PP, and they fit with the weight locations you describe with used pads, but he got interference when he put fresh pads in, and had to run spacers.

When doing a bit of searching prior to my post I believe that person had the 17x7 version of the mr131’s. The pads wouldn’t play a role in my situation. I just wondered how the macan caliper sat compared to the PP caliper. If they extend further from the rotor more than the PP caliper then I can’t use them.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
When doing a bit of searching prior to my post I believe that person had the 17x7 version of the mr131’s. The pads wouldn’t play a role in my situation. I just wondered how the macan caliper sat compared to the PP caliper. If they extend further from the rotor more than the PP caliper then I can’t use them.
The person here that was running the 17x7 was on a non-PP GTI. At least this is the only one I seen here... I was researching when I bought my Motegi.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...1-traklite-w-dws-06-ny-nj.411486/post-7910386

I think I seen one person that said they fit with minimal clearance on a 17x8, but that would depend on the break pads used. So minimal clearance with PP means won't fit with Macans.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ys-motegi-mr131s-wont-fit.378806/post-7514193

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion
The person here that was running the 17x7 was on a non-PP GTI. At least this is the only one I seen here... I was researching when I bought my Motegi.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...1-traklite-w-dws-06-ny-nj.411486/post-7910386

I think I seen one person that said they fit with minimal clearance on a 17x8, but that would depend on the break pads used. So minimal clearance with PP means won't fit with Macans.
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...ys-motegi-mr131s-wont-fit.378806/post-7514193
Gotcha thanks for the info, much appreciated.

fuzion1

Could anyone confirm for me that using a 2020 caliper is the same as the OP caliper?
Part #'s 95b615106bk & 95b615105bk - to me they look identical or is there variation on the size/fitments over the calipers?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Could anyone confirm for me that using a 2020 caliper is the same as the OP caliper?
Part #'s 95b615106bk & 95b615105bk - to me they look identical or is there variation on the size/fitments over the calipers?
They are different. You won't be able to swap pads as easily.

Klrider44

Go Kart Champion

So I am going to ditch my motegi wheels. Gonna grab some APEX wheels that can accommodate BBK. Going the macan kit route instead of a full on BBK for now and maybe forever. Would be looking to send the calipers out for powder coat. What exactly is involved in breaking them down for prep? Would like to get some two piece rotors, cheapest I can find are ECS rotors. If there are any other reasonable options let me know. Also what pads are recommended for street with spirited driving. Car is hybrid turbo on E85.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Do the calipers come with pins and rattle clips from Porsche, or do they need to be purchased separately?

Edit: post 50 states pins and clips are included.

Last edited: