MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I'm convinced. If I have have to redo a bathroom, I'm just buying a new house

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm convinced. If I have have to redo a bathroom, I'm just buying a new house
same....last three houses had jetted bathtubs that NEVER got used, because pointless. I've always wanted to gut them, but seemed to daunting of a task.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Let my neighbor adjust the WG on his Ko4 Mk6, then attempted Alltrack skid tray installation on Treadup Mk7. Plot twist, there’s way too much interference due to the thickness of the tray up behind the core support to even consider making it work.
0385CC7A-66F8-4850-A23E-E9016ECC02CE.jpeg
D16523E8-3B46-4412-9850-6DA59B1C3122.jpeg

But back on topic, I did tile flooring in our first house (Ohio, yuck). Doing a full kitchen & bathroom floor in one day will make a man out of you for sure.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Plot twist, there’s way too much interference due to the thickness of the tray up behind the core support to even consider making it work.
Well damn! I was hoping there was a way to make it work.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Roll up your sleeves and learn a new talent.
Nah. I'm useless when it comes to this stuff. I mean a clogged kitchen sink was like 2 hours of research, trips to Home Depot & Harbor Freight & 4 hours of work.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Rolled 57k .. time to part out 😅

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Drano Max and 30 minutes waiting?
Didn't work. Tried drano. Tried Instant power drain cleaner and left it overnight. Then poured boiling water in. Nothing.

And btw, do not get that stuff on you. I tried plunging, got some on me & it burned the hair & some skin off my arm. Luckily, chemistry class knowledge kicked in & washed it off right away for 10 minutes, otherwise would've been worse.

The water just stayed there. So, then googled some more and found out there might be a sewer line access from outside the house. So I went and opened it & everything gushed out.

Bought a 25 ft snake and ran it through. Tried again & still clogged. Found another video where's he said it's a T and put water in, if the water comes back out, the clog is in the section that goes down. So to get the snake to go down, just bend it back on itself, insert & you'll feel it pop down, then run it down. Ran into resistance 3 times. Tried again & it was cleared.

My theory is there was so much water in the pipes, that the chemicals were being too diluted to do anything.... except burn my skin

So now I'm just going to put some of that instant power stuff in there every 6 months.

Tldr : chemicals didn't work. Had to use a 25 ft snake & run it through the sewer access outside down away from sink

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ahh that's rough. And yeah it's pretty caustic. I immediately wash my hands even if it doesn't touch me and I'm wearing gloves. Between living with my wife, who sheds like she's trying to set some sort of record, and working in a hair salon, any clog I default to hair lol

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Didn't work. Tried drano. Tried Instant power drain cleaner and left it overnight. Then poured boiling water in. Nothing.

And btw, do not get that stuff on you. I tried plunging, got some on me & it burned the hair & some skin off my arm. Luckily, chemistry class knowledge kicked in & washed it off right away for 10 minutes, otherwise would've been worse.

The water just stayed there. So, then googled some more and found out there might be a sewer line access from outside the house. So I went and opened it & everything gushed out.

Bought a 25 ft snake and ran it through. Tried again & still clogged. Found another video where's he said it's a T and put water in, if the water comes back out, the clog is in the section that goes down. So to get the snake to go down, just bend it back on itself, insert & you'll feel it pop down, then run it down. Ran into resistance 3 times. Tried again & it was cleared.

My theory is there was so much water in the pipes, that the chemicals were being too diluted to do anything.... except burn my skin

So now I'm just going to put some of that instant power stuff in there every 6 months.

Tldr : chemicals didn't work. Had to use a 25 ft snake & run it through the sewer access outside down away from sink
Sewer Jetter Kit for Pressure Washer 100FT, Newest 5800PSI Drain Cleaner Hose 1/4 Inch NPT Corner, Rotating and Button Hose Sewer Jetting Nozzle Pearl Corsage Pin Waterproof Tape with 2 Spanner https://a.co/d/d9oqcCZ