GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chicagoland Chat Thread

S'more 07

Just getting started
Car(s)
MKVI Stage 2
Looking for a new or used local exhaust preferably APR like below. With the MK8 rolling out somebody's trading up out there!

APR CATBACK EXHAUST SYSTEM - MK7.5 GOLF R # CBK0017​

Anyone out there?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Anyone near joliet? I’m in town working and have the weekend off. Been over a month since I’ve seen my GTI
I'm in Plainfield right next to Joliet. Getting married tomorrow though so I can't meetup this weekend. How long you around for?

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Congrats man. I have next weekend off also then then I get busy until I leave on November 12th.
@Treadup hey I'm not going to be able to go because I have to go to SEMA in Las Vegas for work but this Sunday there's a ton of vws going on a cruise to starved rock. Let me know if you want the info, they're all cool people.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
@Treadup hey I'm not going to be able to go because I have to go to SEMA in Las Vegas for work but this Sunday there's a ton of vws going on a cruise to starved rock. Let me know if you want the info, they're all cool people.
Have fun at SEMA! I was actually planning on going hiking there again. Would love to check some VWs out.

Chicago GTI

Car(s)
2017 Autobahn GTI
Looking for recommendations for a VW shop to install an IC and suspension in Chicagoland.
I've had good luck with Midwest Performance Cars. 2 locations. 1 in Chicago, 1 in Northbrook (the place I use). They installed (then unistalled) H&R lowering springs & Bilstein coilovers that work muuuuch better. I've had a lot of mods done there (tune, exhaust, intake, intercooler, rotors & brakes, wheels/tires, street shield, aluminum oil pan & oil separator, etc) & they offer good advice. There's always some cool supercar/track car eye candy that they're working on, so it's visually a lot of fun to drop off & pick up the GTI amidst all the super pricey vehicles.

Link: https://www.midwestperformancecars.com/

eajr

Go Kart Champion
Hello everybody I will see you guys around the Chicagoland area. I've been in a 19 R in Lapiz blue for the past 6 months. I just got back into the forum today from being off here for a while.

wrongwheeldrive23

Go Kart Champion
So Jay are you lurking on here still?? PMD you about installing some coilovers? Lol maybe i shouldnt have mentioned they're solowerks, you don't want to install "junk parts " 😂

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
So Jay are you lurking on here still?? PMD you about installing some coilovers? Lol maybe i shouldnt have mentioned they're solowerks, you don't want to install "junk parts " 😂
Ah man I'm sorry, the spammers know I'm the only mod on here and spam the crap out of my dms every day which makes me miss legit messages