GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I posted a video on the Motor week test of the 2022 RS3, and I believe it mentioned it has a different center diff. I also noticed it only has 369 lb. ft. of torque, so I figured that's the limit of the drivetrain's reliability. Stock performance seems to be pretty close to a stage 2 R. I would be happy with that, seeing as you can buy a 7-year VW-backed extended warranty. By then, we might actually have an EV version that faster, has a huge amount of range, faster charging, and the infrastructure to support them. I might be dreaming, but I'd worry about it 7 years from now. The way things are going now, there might not be any gasoline for sale by then anyway, or it will be so expensive you wouldn't want to.
same torque, extra 300lbs of cushioning.

kyle_h

Passed Driver's Ed
What happened to innovative? They all had a falling out or something?

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Did they actually dissolve? On their "We're moving to Cali to work for EQT" video, they said IMS as a company would remain.

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
Well, Alex took a job at EQT but Innovative motorsports had other business partners involved so technically the business still exists but Alex was the entire operation so with him gone no one is sending there VW there its just a "Name" now with no one working there.

There was one tech that worked there with Alex but he now works at "The Shop" in Stratford CT. So no one works there now and I dont belive the phones work either. It was a good move for Alex and a great move for me lol cause now my car will be built with the help of the staff of EQT AND there is a race track (20) minutes away vs (3) hours away here in CT. Alex could have told me I will have to find another shop to finish it but he offered to finish it out in Cali and I was shocked and thrilled to be honest.

That will work out best for me considering there are Syvex tuners on site at EQT which solves at lot of tuning issues for us. Yea the project is taking a while but to be honest I dont even have all my CF parts yet im still waiting on like (3) big pieces it crazy how long it takes to get things smh.

Alex says Zona Rotor is coming out with a new 72mm Turbo so we will be upgrading to that. We did a few other things with the motor to make it more reliable and the Hot parts are getting Swain Tech coatings. U need a dye grinder to get that coating off its no joke! I can touch my DP on my Mustang 30 seconds after the car shuts down with my bare hands! Bare hands! Yea it insulates that well!

Also looking at the F1 Interchiller. I have one on my Trackhawk and Redeye Challenger they work awesome! Temps get down to like 3 degrees! U need anti-freeze cause water will freeze ur lines solid lol.

The plan is to have the car built and tuned at EQT now and then test and tuned at the local track. At that point im gonna fly out and stay for a few days and get some seat time and learn the car and how the Syvex functions then fly back and ship the car back to Tennessee.

Shooting for sub (3) second 60-130 times. Hoping to come in around 3000 lbs idn maybe lighter but the bigger Turbo and intercooler add weight we will see tho. I might opt for the CF seats to save maybe 30 lbs over the Corbeau ones I got but I like how stock appearing they are with the Plaid and all.

Its been a couple years now sometimes I forget I even own it lol but its gonna make the VW family Proud I promise u that when its done and will hurt quite a few feelings and make ppl believe the VW Golf is not a car u wanna take lightly lol Cant wait to show up at my first car meet and win some money on the pump gas setting nevermind the (4) added E85 settings in my Syvex......☺️

Trust me guys Videos will be made and posted I promise u that lol. Im building a pretty wicked Trackhawk as well and im quite sure the Golf will beat it even from a dig which is gonna piss me off a little.....:rolleyes:😁

staskz

Ready to race!
Well, Alex took a job at EQT but Innovative motorsports had other business partners involved so technically the business still exists but Alex was the entire operation so with him gone no one is sending there VW there its just a "Name" now with no one working there.

There was one tech that worked there with Alex but he now works at "The Shop" in Stratford CT. So no one works there now and I dont belive the phones work either. It was a good move for Alex and a great move for me lol cause now my car will be built with the help of the staff of EQT AND there is a race track (20) minutes away vs (3) hours away here in CT. Alex could have told me I will have to find another shop to finish it but he offered to finish it out in Cali and I was shocked and thrilled to be honest.

That will work out best for me considering there are Syvex tuners on site at EQT which solves at lot of tuning issues for us. Yea the project is taking a while but to be honest I dont even have all my CF parts yet im still waiting on like (3) big pieces it crazy how long it takes to get things smh.

Alex says Zona Rotor is coming out with a new 72mm Turbo so we will be upgrading to that. We did a few other things with the motor to make it more reliable and the Hot parts are getting Swain Tech coatings. U need a dye grinder to get that coating off its no joke! I can touch my DP on my Mustang 30 seconds after the car shuts down with my bare hands! Bare hands! Yea it insulates that well!

Also looking at the F1 Interchiller. I have one on my Trackhawk and Redeye Challenger they work awesome! Temps get down to like 3 degrees! U need anti-freeze cause water will freeze ur lines solid lol.

The plan is to have the car built and tuned at EQT now and then test and tuned at the local track. At that point im gonna fly out and stay for a few days and get some seat time and learn the car and how the Syvex functions then fly back and ship the car back to Tennessee.

Shooting for sub (3) second 60-130 times. Hoping to come in around 3000 lbs idn maybe lighter but the bigger Turbo and intercooler add weight we will see tho. I might opt for the CF seats to save maybe 30 lbs over the Corbeau ones I got but I like how stock appearing they are with the Plaid and all.

Its been a couple years now sometimes I forget I even own it lol but its gonna make the VW family Proud I promise u that when its done and will hurt quite a few feelings and make ppl believe the VW Golf is not a car u wanna take lightly lol Cant wait to show up at my first car meet and win some money on the pump gas setting nevermind the (4) added E85 settings in my Syvex......☺️

Trust me guys Videos will be made and posted I promise u that lol. Im building a pretty wicked Trackhawk as well and im quite sure the Golf will beat it even from a dig which is gonna piss me off a little.....:rolleyes:😁
are you a member on vwvortex? i think more people are on those forums, i know i am and see more discussions

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Vortex only has more people because they have over 250 forums. It's like saying Texas has more people that Massachusetts.