GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
well this is where the b8 will start fucking my wallet.

started looking into all the stuff it needs that i know of so far

rides pretty harsh over most bumps, feels like the suspension has, well, 160k of use.
front control arm kit
struts all around
sway bar bushings/any other bushings i can get to
transmission shifts a little harsh sometimes, definitely doesn't like going from reverse to first the first few times of the day
mechatronic unit repair kit
dsg flush
front right door doesnt lock
door lock deal/latch
blind spot assist doesnt work
unknown parts needed, guessing either the module itself or more likely whatever sensors 'sense' the rear traffic
the peelers it came with were on shit summer tires and the wheels are all bent and scuffed so it rides like shit
will need summer or all season tires and wheels
doesn't have bluetooth, may need a head unit upgrade if i want to make my wife keep it
of course i wanna do some blackout/grilles and stuff too with time, window tants, etc
needs unknown oil leak fixed still
idles a little rough, probably needs spark plugs &/or coils

probably needs 5-8k in parts plus any labor for stuff i can't tackle myself, most of which will be hard to do on jack stands.

lotta money for a car thats gonna be worth ~13k no matter what due to the mileage. but its a wonderful car so hoping all worth it to go through and keep for a hot minute

luckily, the b5 doesn't need much at all except for what i mentioned a few pages back to pass emissions, which will likely be a newer ECM, MAF upgrade, new 02 sensors, fuel injectors and a custom tune. probably ~1500 in parts.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Took a quick launchy vid of the b8 this morning :)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Well heres what my 200k audi can do.

K04 turbos, n710 diverter valves, cone filter, catted turboback, some pussyfoot chip tune thats not letting her the full potential.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Well heres what my 200k audi can do.

K04 turbos, n710 diverter valves, cone filter, catted turboback, some pussyfoot chip tune thats not letting her the full potential.
So that's what you look like irl

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Trying to compare the vids, so maybe ~7 seconds 0-80 for the DSG b8, 8 or 9 for the manual b5 on a soft launch?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
My wife hates her b8 and misses the golf r.

Golf r buyer needs to sell it and offered to sell it back for 2k less than he bought it for. Medical emergency deal.

Profit?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I could certainly put you in contact with him if you are serious? PM me if so.

Also - keep up! LOL

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
My wife hates her b8 and misses the golf r.

Golf r buyer needs to sell it and offered to sell it back for 2k less than he bought it for. Medical emergency deal.

Profit?

Luckily good credit will allow you to get a used car loan at a not so horrible rate.

Also, that would be the ultimate renrubecir move.

Why does she hate the B8?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Luckily good credit will allow you to get a used car loan at a not so horrible rate.

Also, that would be the ultimate renrubecir move.

Why does she hate the B8?

I'm swooping in - he gave my info to the other guy. Only problem is I can't buy till next month, as that's when my bonus comes. I guess i could look at lightstream for now, and pay off most of the difference in a month or two. I certainly don't wanna lose it so hoping I can swing this.

Looking forward to spending more time back here again. This R will be my beater car :) once DCC shocks die it's getting B2BFab lift, Tse53's and Alltrack Springs + Alltrack B6 hehe. I like my Touareg too much to risk other drivers hitting me in the snow. Which is a bummer, because the Touareg laughs at snow/inclement conditions.