A car
Hi

Actual footage of me printing things.

1673222140384.gif

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I am having an issue with printing a part that I think is layer adhesion but it only happens on the slopped section. I about to print another piece but with a higher nozzle temp and will post a picture if I have the issue again.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
WTH

C5262A88-AFE6-4786-A670-9459A35FF232.jpeg

I have not tried printing it in the orientation shown. It was printed with the bigger end on the plate.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
WTH

View attachment 269811

I have not tried printing it in the orientation shown. It was printed with the bigger end on the plate.

What material, what temp, and what speed?

Looks to my untrained eye like your filament is cooling too fast and stringing. Maybe a bump in nozzle temp, slow your extruder speed down, and/or reduce part cooling fan output.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
^
Looks the same to me. I'd slow the print speed and the fan speed.

Same questions about material/temp/speed.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
SunLu PLA
Bed Temp: 70C
Nozzle Temp: 210C (I tried 200C)
Speed: I have tried 50, 60 and 75 mm/sec didn’t seem to make a difference.

I can modify the G-Code to change fan speed and print speed at a certain layer correct? I have only tried to modify it for a filament change and it didn’t work.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
SunLu PLA
Bed Temp: 70C
Nozzle Temp: 210C (I tried 200C)
Speed: I have tried 50, 60 and 75 mm/sec didn’t seem to make a difference.

I can modify the G-Code to change fan speed and print speed at a certain layer correct? I have only tried to modify it for a filament change and it didn’t work.

Looking at it now, you should be able for support that overhang without supports. If your layer adhesion is good on lower layers flip the object vertically and go again.

Just a theory…. Your layer being laid only gets a partial contact patch with the layer below. When the extruded passed around it’s pulling the filament into open space. By flipping the part you’d be pulling that layer against the previous layer. See ASCII diagram:

——______ —>
______

(Auto formatting required use of dashes to locate the top line out)

Vs.
<— _______
______

Pulling the book off the shelf vs pulling the book onto the shelf, if you will.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Has this filament ever been dried? Moisture could also cause issues with layer adhesion and stringing. It's PLA so it's safe enough to pop in the oven at 50 C for a few hours if you don't have a specific filament dryer.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I'll try flipping it, what you are saying makes sense.

I have not dried it but will if I keep having issues. Adhesion is great otherwise.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Yep much better now with it flipped! Thanks.

F41C728B-0964-4552-9E52-F5F103072032.jpeg

I’m trying to design my own with thicker side walls and taller ends. Need to watch some tinkercad tutorials.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Thread needs more pics of completed projects. I still don't know wtf these are used for aside for making small toys for kids.

Ok boomer 😂

C467720F-711F-4D4D-A4A6-B658C4EC24DB.jpeg

Kids were rough-housing in the hallway and fell into the open pet gate. The fall sheered the pin in the top hinge. Broke out the calipers and designed a replacement in TinkerCAD and printed it. Saved me $75 not needing to buy a new gate.

I’ll post a pic of some shock tools for my MTB’s rear shock. Saved me $225 for not needing to buy the factory special tools.

For you?
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3650201