GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MIB2 Infotainment firmware update question

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
I'll have to do some searching/investigating then. I take it I'd have to source the specific files for my system. Would the fact that my car also has dynaudio complicate it?

Ogdonald

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5 2018
Yes I've had multiple vag groups on Instagram offering their services
If they can do it what makes you think we can't do it for free too? It's ridiculous that they charge off over people's hard work. @mr-fix and groups like these are a dream mate
On a similar topic, has anyone had any experiences with these places that are offering remote app connect activation? I've seen several places offering it for about £100. Apparently they send you files that you load onto an SD card and install yourself. Is this legit? I thought the car had to be connected to VW or something for activation.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
Yes I've had multiple vag groups on Instagram offering their services
If they can do it what makes you think we can't do it for free too? It's ridiculous that they charge off over people's hard work. @mr-fix and groups like these are a dream mate
I just always assumed that it meant connecting to the car via the OBD port and as I don’t have a cable or software I never looked into it

I went out earlier and made note of my current software versions

SW train version
MST2_EU_VW_P0223D

SW MU version

can anyone point me in the right direction?

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
I just always assumed that it meant connecting to the car via the OBD port and as I don’t have a cable or software I never looked into it

I went out earlier and made note of my current software versions

SW train version
MST2_EU_VW_P0223D

SW MU version

can anyone point me in the right direction?
Update to P0231D, use Congo & Duke activator afterwards, enjoy.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
Frankly I'm beginning to see why people pay for this instead. Firstly the mibsolution download in painfully slow (100-300kB/sec). I can find nowhere whatsoever to download this congo & duke activator. Googling just brings up other solutions which either don't work with Delphi units, or require a OBD connection. I'm also not sure if I my unit would retain all the Dynaudio controls after flashing

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
Frankly I'm beginning to see why people pay for this instead. Firstly the mibsolution download in painfully slow (100-300kB/sec). I can find nowhere whatsoever to download this congo & duke activator. Googling just brings up other solutions which either don't work with Delphi units, or require a OBD connection. I'm also not sure if I my unit would retain all the Dynaudio controls after flashing
use Free Download Manager and strat the download again.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I cant find any videos on how to patch with MIB2 High toolbox?
What sort of patch are you talking about? MIB2 High Toolbox does not patch to allow your own FEC's... if that's what you are trying to do. The Toolbox does not have anything to do with updating firmware either.

Ogdonald

Car(s)
Golf mk7.5 2018
Ahh that makes sense now. So I need to do a region change from Australia to UK.

I've updated the firmware to the latest I believe

Attachments

• IMG_20221228_101755_640.jpg
    IMG_20221228_101755_640.jpg
    132.9 KB · Views: 262

mr-fix

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 2.0TDI Variant
If I recall correctly:
You need to change coding in 5F module. There's database region coding there.
Next you need to patch your unit and insert new FEC/SWaP code for the EU region.
Next you need to format nav partition to remove old maps.
Next you can install EU maps.

Paul_W

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R-Line eT|SI
Could someone tell me, if I install an updated firmware from mibsolution.one

A. Will my system still have Dynaudio available or would I need to seek out someone to re-code afterwards?
B. Where do I get this congo & duke activator from?