GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Iridium Pro Spark Plugs are Here!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
How is the idle?
Folks in the MK7 community are always talking about the idle...I've never really noticed any difference between any of the plugs that wasn't just placebo/in my head. I did think these may idle a little rougher but then other times smooth...just like all the plugs I've done. I did think that Ruth's were super smooth but of course without actual data (vibration, idle RPM variation, etc.) this is completely meaningless.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
We all work for the same company. Some engineers only work on APR products. Some only work on LS swaps. Some are shared across various buildings and locations. Really depends who is the expert on the subject.
So when does the APR LS swap kit come out?

Royalion

Ready to race!
Folks in the MK7 community are always talking about the idle...I've never really noticed any difference between any of the plugs that wasn't just placebo/in my head. I did think these may idle a little rougher but then other times smooth...just like all the plugs I've done. I did think that Ruth's were super smooth but of course without actual data (vibration, idle RPM variation, etc.) this is completely meaningless.
Thanks for the detailed opinion. APR Plugs are 2 heat ranges colder than stock. I was curious if this effected idle quality.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the detailed opinion. APR Plugs are 2 heat ranges colder than stock. I was curious if this effected idle quality.
I really don't think so TBH.

ShagginGSW

Go Kart Newbie
I didn't know that was a thing. I'm going to have to look in to that.
1671204754816.png