GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Iridium Pro Spark Plugs are Here!

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Damn fellas, we also need APR charge pipes and TIP so it can breath, APR PCV and catch can so it can burp and the APR cat back so it can pass gasses properly…

EQT has some catching up to do. Shit maybe they can relabel some more Cobb product as their own…

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Damn fellas, we also need APR charge pipes and TIP so it can breath, APR PCV and catch can so it can burp and the APR cat back so it can pass gasses properly…

EQT has some catching up to do. Shit maybe they can relabel some more Cobb product as their own…
[morpheus voice] you think cobb manufactured that carbon fiber box themselves?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
The better question is are they compatible with the EQT grounding kit AND the new EQT carbon fiber engine cover*....probably need a tune revision and logging to study knock.

*made by Cobb

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I think APR designs and produces their own stuff. Some of the stuff they introduce to us are made by their sister brands.
Oh yeah, they definitely rely on the family relationship with Holley. I'm sure they tweak some stuff, but it's never been super clear on products like the coils that look identical to the MSD.

My point was more, who cares if EQT and other smaller companies partner with others for products like that. APR has a whole damn monopoly at their fingertips to source from.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Oh yeah, they definitely rely on the family relationship with Holley. I'm sure they tweak some stuff, but it's never been super clear on products like the coils that look identical to the MSD.

My point was more, who cares if EQT and other smaller companies partner with others for products like that. APR has a whole damn monopoly at their fingertips to source from.

yea, I don't care as long as the stuff works. All the EQT stuff on my car works, as does my APR TIP. When I had a APR tune, it was great also.

APR pricing is also not crazy bad for anything really.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Oh yeah, they definitely rely on the family relationship with Holley.
We all work for the same company. Some engineers only work on APR products. Some only work on LS swaps. Some are shared across various buildings and locations. Really depends who is the expert on the subject.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
We all work for the same company. Some engineers only work on APR products. Some only work on LS swaps. Some are shared across various buildings and locations. Really depends who is the expert on the subject.

Y’all have a whole R and D team in your building up in Opelika.. APR does a lot of research and development. Pretty sure there are CAD designers and printing rooms and that’s just what i saw from the main lobby with all of those nice Porches and GTIs 😅

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Last edited: