Shams

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI SE

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Honestly a lot of people have had good luck with the AliExpress steering wheel sellers here. Good quality wheels if you do have to wait a month or so for them.
+1. I wanted a thicker wheel. I was updated with pictures and measurements throughout. Quickly built and quickly shipped out.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Any recommendations on what company to get a carbon fiber steering wheel from? I’m looking for a reliable company to get it through but also want the shape of it to be flat on the bottom and top
Honestly a lot of people have had good luck with the AliExpress steering wheel sellers here. Good quality wheels if you do have to wait a month or so for them.
+1. I wanted a thicker wheel. I was updated with pictures and measurements throughout. Quickly built and quickly shipped out.
+3 for an Ali wheel. Let them know exactly what I wanted (thicker, leather, perforated sides, red stitching) and they delivered. One of my favorite mods on my car so far.

before-after.jpeg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Will be doing the dsg flush in the spring. I found this dsg fluid for a really good price. Was going to go with Motul, but Walmart only shipped one bottle and now the price has jumped dramatically. Has anyone used this fluid and have any input on its use on a 7spd R? Thanks.
20221210_200605.jpg

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Going to have to do a clutch, would it be ok for the clutch to be broken in during winter?
I don't think winter makes a difference as long as you follow the typical break-in procedure (drive like a grandma for ~500 miles in stop and go, not just highway miles)

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Going from 3” catless DP to 4” catless DP = faster spool? I’ve read it made little/no difference.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Has anyone run into a leaking steering rack on the MK7? Best I can tell that's what I have and I take it while it's electric, it has a gear oil/similar in it. No issues yet, no noises, but I'm seeing something that has leaked in the subframe by the steering bits and my d. side tie-rod end boot was oily. Maybe I can finally get the quicker turning R rack now!

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE