GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Installed an arm fmic and bmp View attachment 2668487.5 headlights. Everything went smoothly right up until it was time to put the tow hook license plate bracket on….and I used too much force and the damn thing snapped…$&@/;- now i have to figure out how to get it off. Not going to be easy on account of my Neanderthal self over torquing it. At least the fmic and headlights work.
I've been trying to see what it looks like with the brights on as well. How different is the temperature between the two bulbs?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Yes I was looking around, all the other major companies are higher than Geico, the smaller companies declined to cover it.
That's insane... have you tried USAA? I have them, I pay around $260 a month for the 20 GTI a 22 SQ5 including insurance for some high value items at home. I have shopped around an no one can come even close to them. I moved from Geico to USAA in 2005, Geico wanted $400 a month for a 2005 GLI, USAA quoted $135...

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That's insane... have you tried USAA? I have them, I pay around $260 a month for the 20 GTI a 22 SQ5 including insurance for some high value items at home. I have shopped around an no one can come even close to them. I moved from Geico to USAA in 2005, Geico wanted $400 a month for a 2005 GLI, USAA quoted $135...
man....was with USAA for 20+ years and just recently switched to Nationwide....adding my new teenage driver, USAA skyrocketed.....NW with home umbrella and 3 cars was way cheaper than USAA....it hurt to leave them, but NW beat 'em out.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
man....was with USAA for 20+ years and just recently switched to Nationwide....adding my new teenage driver, USAA skyrocketed.....NW with home umbrella and 3 cars was way cheaper than USAA....it hurt to leave them, but NW beat 'em out.
Wow, we tried to move because of a slight increase and couldn't even get our numbers matched. Our kid is 11, so I have a few more years before she needs to be added.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
USAA declined to cover me, even though I am a Vet.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Wow, we tried to move because of a slight increase and couldn't even get our numbers matched. Our kid is 11, so I have a few more years before she needs to be added.
I actually had the NW rep walk me through every app capability to ensure it matched USAA's app functionality...I thought for sure I was missing something, but I think you do pay for the name a little bit
USAA declined to cover me, even though I am a Vet.
that is whack.....although my dad, 25+ year Army vet and spotless driving record, got ONE ticket 10 mph over and USAA wanted to drop him after 40 years with USAA...he had to talk to a senior manager to be like "wtf"? Suddenly they back tracked.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I actually had the NW rep walk me through every app capability to ensure it matched USAA's app functionality...I thought for sure I was missing something, but I think you do pay for the name a little bit

that is whack.....although my dad, 25+ year Army vet and spotless driving record, got ONE ticket 10 mph over and USAA wanted to drop him after 40 years with USAA...he had to talk to a senior manager to be like "wtf"? Suddenly they back tracked.
Yea I pitched a fit with them because I know they would be cheaper for me. Sent them my DD214 and everything, talked to some Senior Manager and asked him why my service to the military was not good enough for them to insure my vehicles. He was at a loss for for words and basically just didnt know what to say to me.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
This morning’s project, which will be paired with a OEM Fitment Resonated Midpipe.

1F99CF41-70C3-469F-B758-DAA781A50B59.jpeg
7762310D-4BA6-4506-BBC7-AE0B4BFF9A8E.jpeg
EC6032A9-3B35-45FB-9C48-EE3ECA8565C3.jpeg
E3B363CD-D56B-45E3-BE54-BCC741F99027.jpeg
174631C5-8387-402C-BDA4-A4418A5B8C38.jpeg
6887416B-4EF1-4E38-8B63-1191616B09B1.jpeg

Attachments

• 9BA2024E-C35B-427C-978A-6EBE64B359B4.jpeg
    9BA2024E-C35B-427C-978A-6EBE64B359B4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Also considering using the oil change warranty, since I never have before. 20L of liquid moly lol

Not sure if it’s worth shipping back, but I’ve also got a pile of hardware and some spark plugs as well.
66989948-150A-46E7-A489-56040D79A915.jpeg
51089589-9B72-4CAD-9DC6-BE2011813970.jpeg

Also noticed the first little tiny evidence of a water pump leak at the ripe ol age of just under 128k miles.

Still haven’t bothered to install my rear wiper delete, but did swap o rings on my VTT breather cap since it wasn’t as snug as it should be. Thicker o ring they supplied as a option worked perfectly so I guess the threads wore in a bit with age.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
@StealthGTI you make it look so simplistic- great work

JL33T

Ready to race!
I've been trying to see what it looks like with the brights on as well. How different is the temperature between the two bulbs?
Fogs are a little warmer
6B61F308-D9B2-4A9C-8585-04F5694991A6.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Found out why my insurance is so high. Apparently you are not supposed to actually USE your insurance. If you do it enough times like I have, it puts you on their shit list as them likely having to pay out on a claim, and they just don't want to do that. They want you to pay your premium, and be able to collect it and retain it without any claims from you. As if we pay insurance for free ?? I always thought we paid insurance so that in the event that something happens, we are not out lump sums of money to correct whatever happened.

Also found out that my number of claims is the reason others are declining me insurance. OK well fuck, IM SORRY ??
- A bullet hit my windshield and had to be replaced.
- I hit an armadillo
- it hails on this planet (shocking huh?) and I dont have a garage
- someone ran a red light
-another person ran me off the road because they were texting.
-someone stole my wheels
-someone broke into my car
- girlfriends son flipped my Harley into a ditch

- Uggh Im SORRY, shit happens ?? Not my fault- yet Im punished for having a car and being a law abiding citizen and carrying insurance. Seems fair...

- The above was said in my best sarcastic tone.