GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
I just had the best winter house hack idea. Lift the window a bit, slide water bottle between window and screen, close window. Cold water whenever i want without going downstairs. I dont even drink bottled water but this is a win.
View attachment 266893
Until it freezes in real winter, expands and pushes screen out into snow bank (ask me how I know)

cb1111

I have an eBay question. I bought a suitcase on eBay and what came today was a disgusting piece of junk that wasn't even close to what was advertised - different color, different model, different size and a far, far, different condition.

I was pissed because this couldn't have been an error - the "suitcase" he sent wasn't even an item he sold, so I immediately went to "return" and I also wrote him a message. eBay sent me a return label and the seller immediately responded with "yeah, sorry, I sent the wrong one. If you remove your claim then I'll send you the right one." I replied with "how would you like me to send the other one back?" and have gotten no response yet. .

So, if I retract my claim, can I reopen it if the seller flakes again? His response was too quick for an honest mistake - he knew he sent the wrong one long before I told him. The piece of crap I was sent would be a reject at Goodwill.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I have an eBay question. I bought a suitcase on eBay and what came today was a disgusting piece of junk that wasn't even close to what was advertised - different color, different model, different size and a far, far, different condition.

I was pissed because this couldn't have been an error - the "suitcase" he sent wasn't even an item he sold, so I immediately went to "return" and I also wrote him a message. eBay sent me a return label and the seller immediately responded with "yeah, sorry, I sent the wrong one. If you remove your claim then I'll send you the right one." I replied with "how would you like me to send the other one back?" and have gotten no response yet. .

So, if I retract my claim, can I reopen it if the seller flakes again? His response was too quick for an honest mistake - he knew he sent the wrong one long before I told him. The piece of crap I was sent would be a reject at Goodwill.
Don't retract that claim. It can still be resolved while the claim is open.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Plot twist: there is no other suitcase

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

No. Hold the claim open until he send the right one.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Prebuilts aren't as bad as they used to be I think. I'd always build my own, but I only do that every 5 years or so. I'm not really up to date with all the parts. Get something with like a rtx 3060, nvme m2 ssd, and whatever cpu would pair well with a 3060 so nothing's bottle necked.

It's usually things like the mobo, psu, hard drive, fans, cooling, and cases that get cheaped out on with the prebuilts. Some of them do some proprietary bullshit that makes it harder to upgrade it later on.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Prebuilts aren't as bad as they used to be I think. I'd always build my own, but I only do that every 5 years or so. I'm not really up to date with all the parts. Get something with like a rtx 3060, nvme m2 ssd, and whatever cpu would pair well with a 3060 so nothing's bottle necked.

It's usually things like the mobo, psu, hard drive, fans, cooling, and cases that get cheaped out on with the prebuilts. Some of them do some proprietary bullshit that makes it harder to upgrade it later on.
Z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.