GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Before the increase I was paying just over $200 month for both cars. Some kind of bombshell happened...

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Its about 540.month, but because I paid late last month they are requiring future payments pro-rated in addition to the 540. I am actually in College Station, home of Texas A&M University- College Town. They claim that is the reason for the increase. Also, my Jetta is indeed on this policy and is only about $65/ month of that equation. The GTI is the rest of it.
Just be careful driving around dude, the whole "I decided to no longer be a pawn of the law" isn't going to fly in court. Even worse if you hit somebody

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
One ticket 2 years ago, took defensive driving course.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Just be careful driving around dude, the whole "I decided to no longer be a pawn of the law" isn't going to fly with a judge. Even worse if you hit somebody
And I could care less what a judge thinks. My opinion of them throwing the book at me for something I didnt do has that profession on my shit list.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
you go king, tell that judge to suck your above-the-law balls
Why should I conform to the law when they did me wrong and were not held accountable for it ?????? What the judge said was the etched in stone decision, didnt matter if I was innocent or not. Seems fair...

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Maybe you "should not" conform to the law... just saying that ain't gonna fly as a defense 🤷‍♂️.
Nobody really cares what a judge thinks, they just have to comply with the judgment unless/until they appeal.
(not saying I think the oft problematic court system should add taking appeals on traffic violations to their list of things to do).

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Cancelled registration on it because I decided to not be a pawn to the law of "must have insurance as required by law." Insurance inflation went too far this time and I can't afford $700 month insurance payments, nor do I want to. Treating customers like we are ATM's and they can just punch it whatever number they feel like. FUCK them greedy ass bitches :mad:. Thanks for pushing me into my dark side where I think evil things.

So are you just going to drive it around unregistered and uninsured, or...?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Why should I conform to the law when they did me wrong and were not held accountable for it ?????? What the judge said was the etched in stone decision, didnt matter if I was innocent or not. Seems fair...
Obviously I don't know anything about your prior run ins with the law, but I will agree that 1) the justice system is broken and 2) if you don't stick up for yourself people will take full advantage of you

With that said showing a little bit of respect will get you much further in life then going around with a chip on your shoulder. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out whether walking into a courtroom with the attitude of "idgaf about you (the judge) or what you think of me" will help or hurt you

Good luck with the current situation. If you've been thinking about moving to a new zip code, now might be the time to do it... could save you a lot of $ and headache

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Can't you just reduce your coverage / increase your deductible until it becomes affordable?
all ready at state min coverage and highest deductible.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Obviously I don't know anything about your prior run ins with the law, but I will agree that 1) the justice system is broken and 2) if you don't stick up for yourself people will take full advantage of you

With that said showing a little bit of respect will get you much further in life then going around with a chip on your shoulder. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out whether walking into a courtroom with the attitude of "idgaf about you (the judge) or what you think of me" will help or hurt you

Good luck with the current situation. If you've been thinking about moving to a new zip code, now might be the time to do it... could save you a lot of $ and headache
I learned a long time ago to avoid putting myself in front of those upholding the law, they don't give a rats ass about any of us. Those assholes dont deserve my respect because they didnt care to listen to what I was telling them was the truth and said that I was in fact lying. News flash about me, I never lie, cheat or steal... ever. Yea, that wound they carved in my life is deep, and I will never forgive them for it, or what they did.

I appreciate the good wishes.