GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Renrubicer: Skeletons In The Closet

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Ikr lol. It s a curvevall to find out this is what im in for. Was told it was simply that i might need to replace the 02 sensors once in a while. Fuckass.

Oh yes a double din as you describe will definitely be in the works. I cant tell which ones are good or suck. Theres a million zhongzhong suppliers. They all seem the same but different. Halp

Hopefully you get it sorted out without too much trouble. The general rule I follow is if someone's selling a car with an issue, never expect it to be a simple fix, no matter what they say. When is it up next for emissions, how much time you got to figure it out?

As far as aftermarket head units, I'm sure someone else could offer far better recommendations than me lol. I think it depends on which way you want to go. One of the Android Zhong Zhong units, which probably are all the same, or an actual unit, like a Kenwood or Sony or something. And if you want the built-in features, or if you're just going to use AA/CP. In my cars, I have AA connected all the time, so I'd just be looking for a big high-res screen and wireless AA, couldn't care about any other features.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Wireless AA makes sense if you have a wireless charger somewhere in the car, otherwise a wired connection would be better for long drives

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wireless AA makes sense if you have a wireless charger somewhere in the car, otherwise a wired connection would be better for long drives

Wireless AA makes sense for every day driving without having a wireless charger in your car regardless. If I'm just driving to the store, I don't have to plug in a cable.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Yeah a charged phone is a terrible awful thing

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I mean, if you got a phone that dies if it's not plugged in or sitting on a charger for 20 minutes, I think you have bigger problems and might want to look into a new phone...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ha! Do it man i have no regrets so far. The more i drive it the more i like it.

I'm really digging the way the engine sounds midway up the rev-range. Almost 2JZ-esque. Might have to record something for you guys

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Always fun to catch a mileage mark. Esp when the trip is at 69 aw yeahh
20221129_141646.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No oil or coolant temp.

Did you hit 122k rolling backwards out of the driveway?

Those gauges don't work. #20YearOldCarThangs

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
You are both right actually haha but in this case i had just started the car

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
oh my god does it sound good! maybe i should record something for you all soon. Needs moar intake noise. Also could use moar 350z v6 noise. Its pretty smooth sounding, not growly like most are. Some pops and bangs when downshifting which is pretty tighttt.

I am loving this car. 3rd gear takes you all the way to like 100 mph lol. Looong gears!