GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Coming from Malaysia. All the reviews for their stuff specifically mention exorbitant shipping costs.
Big heavy package shipping from halfway across the world by a relatively small company. I would have guessed $500-$600.

The real question is what is rexsport using to protect the epoxy on that hood? I know Seibon uses quality clearcoat to defend against yellowing. If you need to hit the other hood with an additional layer of clearcoat that's something to think about.

Either one you buy should be ceramic coated right away.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Big heavy package shipping from halfway across the world by a relatively small company. I would have guessed $500-$600.

The real question is what is rexsport using to protect the epoxy on that hood? I know Seibon uses quality clearcoat to defend against yellowing. If you need to hit the other hood with an additional layer of clearcoat that's something to think about.

Either one you buy should be ceramic coated right away.

Yeah my entire front end is PPF and Graphene coated since 50 miles on the car. I plan to take the CF hood to the shop and have it PPF and coated before install. I'll probably let it sit until the Spring time.

Or if I get the Fever!
christopher-walken-fever.gif

I'll have to Install it as soon as I get it protected.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Gave her a hand wash for the first time in a long time.

Tornado Red sure looks good at sunset!

D7D5588D-44B5-4160-B405-6C5F2226A311.jpeg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
This, generally you want to see this at both WOT and idle. Trims bouncing at idle can be bad.
-10 to +10 is a normal/safe range from my understanding
Thank you for your help!

Idling in D at a light, I'm seeing STFTs bouncing from 0-5, LTFT between 0-3. When I put the car in reverse, STFT ranges from -11 to -16. Idling in park, STFTs 0-5, LTFT sits at 2.

I've never seen the numbers in this range when I have my accessport on.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
bought r-line pedal covers and dead pedal from chinabay.

also got all the p/n's for all-track center console and instrument panel trim just to learn its all discontinued woo

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
dark grey. same color as the e-golf interior plastics.
Gotcha... I know we don't get the e-Golf anymore either but you might check to see if the e-Golf was/is using the same part numbers.

I did gloss black trim conversion a while back and found the Golf R had different part numbers from the GTI (and from the Golf SEL in some cases)... yet all were the same gloss black color. I ended up ordering a combination of Golf R, GTI and Golf parts based on price/availability.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
Gotcha... I know we don't get the e-Golf anymore either but you might check to see if the e-Golf was/is using the same part numbers.

I did gloss black trim conversion a while back and found the Golf R had different part numbers from the GTI (and from the Golf SEL in some cases)... yet all were the same gloss black color. I ended up ordering a combination of Golf R, GTI and Golf parts based on price/availability.
id be willing to bet that the part number differences are due to the buttons and electrical connectors for certain pieces being different across trim levels.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
id be willing to bet that the part number differences are due to the buttons and electrical connectors for certain pieces being different across trim levels.
Nope, I'm talking strictly plastic trim pieces, nothing with a connector on it... all the buttons are separate parts.

One of my old posts, I've been way down the trim conversion road, and actually converted my entire interior (headliner, pillars, etc. to black)...
https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.ph...instructions-and-pictures.379148/post-7534042

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Yup... me, too!

I wish I had a garage. There’s been plenty of evenings when I’ve been bored and wanted to mess with the GTI and it’s been too dark. This is the first car I’ve ever done stuff to myself and it turns out wrenching on a car is fun as hell
I've worked in the dark by using work lights. Working in the cold really blows and rain is a total show-stopper. I've seen a bit of rain while overhauling my communications setup...

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
The very reason my tailights are not wired up yet for the dynamic scroll. Need a garage... apartment complex fine you if you so much as hold a screwdriver near your car.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Been dealing with a leak in the car. Have yet had the time to fix it since I been working OT. Last couple of days car has been super humid inside leaving moisture on the windshield and a nasty smell. Damprid cleaning up the smell also got a nice amount of moisture for just 24 hours.
0D2DE003-F7D9-453D-A826-054FDEF27A42.jpeg