GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
also holy shit, order confirmation to my door in less than 20 hours. free shipping. i'm ordering from summit racing more.
Summit Racing is legit. Their selection is huge and when it's in stock it ships fast.
back in the day ECS was almost as good (they're about as far from here). nowadays it seems like 80% of stuff is just drop-shipped with random months-long backorders
I still like ECS too. They usually ship fast too, but I have had to cancel at least one order for parts that were 'in stock' and didn't ship for days.

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
back in the day ECS was almost as good (they're about as far from here). nowadays it seems like 80% of stuff is just drop-shipped with random months-long backorders
It is so random with them. Placed an order in May that took two weeks, multiple emails and phone calls just to get the "in stock items" shipped out.

Placed an order Thanksgiving night and had a tracking number before noon on Friday, package is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
No worries - we'll figure something out.

What kind of a budget are you looking at?
Are there curtains/fabric blinds on that window?
If you were to listen to more music, where would you sit?

Dual use systems (TV audio/music) seldom work well, but you CAN get a decent system if you prioritize.

But we'll need to do something about that tree....
Not pulling the trigger yet, by any means, but I happened upon a possible one and done solution. Fluance has paired systems, turntables and powered speakers. The turntables feature upgradable cartridges for the future.

Turntable
Speakers
I was thinking about speaker placement and a possible solution occurred to me, but I don’t know how I feel about it yet. I could make custom wall shelves and have the speakers on either side of the TV. Thoughts?

Last edited:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
The catback exhaust that I want is on sale as well, but it wasn’t worth the risk involved trying to convince the minister of finance on that one. I had already been green-lighted on the mounts.
tbf you've been eyeing that for how long now?

"oops i meant to buy a whole vinyl stereo system and they sent this catback i have wanted for 3+years, it would be wasteful to send this back now...."

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Summit and Jeggs are what the Euro and Japanese market retailers should strive to be.
ECS: "....nah, he can't mean us, can he? nah we're the gold standard euro site, just look at the traffic we get for specific parts by number"
ECS#2: "yeah and then the traffic just magically goes away and doesn't buy anything... can't be us, we're not to blame for anything"

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Status
Not open for further replies.