GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Has anyone with Corbeau RRX seats retained the factory seatbelts? It sounds like the Corbeau brackets may not have a pickup for the seatbelt receiver, but the Planted brackets do. I didn't see any indicator of how "universal" the Planted brackets are, can anyone weigh in on the compatibility of the Planted brackets with the Corbeau RRX seats?

Thanks in advance!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Another vote for starting with medium insert on lower cell cats.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
Thank you, would there be any draw backs for using the most restrictive insert?
Less trial and error with the middle insert. If it works, you are all set. If you get the catalyst efficiency code, you need the more restrictive insert. If you get the rich/lean slow to respond code, you need the more open one. For what it's worth, I have an IE DP with a very similar straight spacer and the middle one worked for me.

Supercrumpet

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SE 6MT
Not a question about the cars specifically, but anyone try buying anything from Eurocode over the weekend? They only take cards and neither of the ones I've tried work on their site, but work elsewhere. Going to try calling them in a few hours since they're in CA but I dunno if anyone will pick up on a Sunday. They also don't let you have separate billing and shipping addresses, but do let you choose shipping options that don't physically make sense. Giving me weird vibes.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
BSM power folding mirror housing work with non BSM vehicles correct? The difference being the BSM wire would not be plugged in.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
'18 SE with AFS

Headlights do their dance normally every time they come on...no issue there.

a couple minutes after their alignment dance....I get an "AFS fault/error" on the dash.

Cornering lights operate and aren't bad (I've checked).

Could the sensor on the rear LCA be going bad?

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
I had the AWE Track and finally decided to pull the trigger on a IE downpipe, OH GOD...
It sounds soo good but it drones soo hard, You guys think its worth getting that Vibrant 17950 res that many people talk about?

Wizzi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
GTI MK7.5
Less trial and error with the middle insert. If it works, you are all set. If you get the catalyst efficiency code, you need the more restrictive insert. If you get the rich/lean slow to respond code, you need the more open one. For what it's worth, I have an IE DP with a very similar straight spacer and the middle one worked for me.
I ended up uding the middle insert and drove about 200 km no code, seems like it worked. Thanks alot!

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I had the AWE Track and finally decided to pull the trigger on a IE downpipe, OH GOD...
It sounds soo good but it drones soo hard, You guys think its worth getting that Vibrant 17950 res that many people talk about?
I have the AWE track as well, the drone reminds you that your car is not normal, and you get used to it.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Wanted to upgrade my Fender Audio. Remember seeing Focal IS VW 155 being drop in upgrades and bought it.
Got them today and watched the install video and realized that it may not be an "upgrade"? The video shows installing the speakers to the rear door speakers. What about my front speakers? Can I just install them in the front instead? :cry: