GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
New front end links. Gonna swap these out before I do my dampers so see if this fixes some of the suspension noises I've been having.

My truck front end has been rattling over bumps. Checked my end links, and they're both needing to be replaced, as well as the FSB bushings. The bar is making contact with the metal subframe. Made me think of your dramas.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The part hording for winter projects has begun. Got me a euro short shifter this week.

20221107_184248_resized.jpg

guccigolf

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MY17 TSI Comfortline
My current shifter is looking pretty worn (thank you previous owner), so today I went ahead and bought an LED shifter.

Screenshot_20221110-072605_AliExpress.jpg

I bought the piano black shifter with perforated leather for $70 delivered. When finished, it should look something like this:

Screenshot_20221110-072930_AliExpress.jpg

Which I'd consider a massive improvement over my current shifter!

20221108_185103.jpg

Last edited:

Sub-to-Dub

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 GTI Sport 6MT
Picked up a new old set of Muddy Buddy (aka WeatherTech) floor mats from eBay. My right heel wore a hole through the original VW rubber mats and figured these would be an upgrade this winter. I don't really love the look (or the fit in the rear), but they offer more coverage and seem high quality so I'll rock these for a while.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got a big 64oz bottle of forbidden koolaid in for the winter season.

1668290524215.png

Figured I would give it a shot instead of the normal ONR, since it was cheaper for twice as much product. Without using it, my initial thought it is the ONR is worth the cost for the smell alone. The ONR smells much better than the Griots 🤣

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
EZ Lok (dont get this one) for coil pack bolt #3. Changed spark plugs last week and during reinstall wouldn't tighten. Can still spin it by hand. Did not want the other type of helicoil because it looks like a wound up paperclip.

*edit*
Don't get the EZ Lok one. The drill bit does not fit my impact adapter nor my corded drill. I think you need a drill press.

Last edited:

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
No "clean air" buttons around here! Actually bought two of the AliExpress harnesses. So I'll have left and right vent sensors, the one foot sensor, and I picked up the sunlight photo sensor and connector. Obviously I'm not doing a full climatronic retrofit but I am trying to manage my auto-scan fault tolerance. If it turns out I can't live with the remaining faults, all of this will be for sale 😂.
PXL_20221113_194305895.MP.jpg

PXL_20221113_194317688.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
No "clean air" buttons around here! Actually bought two of the AliExpress harnesses. So I'll have left and right vent sensors, the one foot sensor, and I picked up the sunlight photo sensor and connector. Obviously I'm not doing a full climatronic retrofit but I am trying to manage my auto-scan fault tolerance. If it turns out I can't live with the remaining faults, all of this will be for sale 😂.
View attachment 265504
View attachment 265505

If it doesn't work out and you want to offload the control unit, let me know. Wouldn't mind getting rid of the 'clean air' button and doing it right 🤣

Edit: Also, do you know if those push pin pieces are a separate part number, and if so, what they are?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
If it doesn't work out and you want to offload the control unit, let me know. Wouldn't mind getting rid of the 'clean air' button and doing it right 🤣

Edit: Also, do you know if those push pin pieces are a separate part number, and if so, what they are?
I'll dig up the part number, but if you need less than 4 I'll send them to you. I've got one in my car that has been "sticky" since brand new, have to use pliers to pull it out, but the other 3 work as designed. So I've now got 3 I don't need.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I got a PCV valve and I have to say, the free shipping from FCP Euro was pretty damn fast for free and it showed up on a Sunday.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'll dig up the part number, but if you need less than 4 I'll send them to you. I've got one in my car that has been "sticky" since brand new, have to use pliers to pull it out, but the other 3 work as designed. So I've now got 3 I don't need.

Thanks for the offer. I don't "need" them, but all of mine have broken from taking that panel in and out so many times. They're currently big globs of super glue, but do the job 🤣