GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RS3 Swapped Golf R Project. IMS 1100

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I too am confused by UM being mentioned
the stock ECU swaps done by IMS were tuned by UM afaik.

and the first video in this thread has Alex claiming "the customer doesn't want the keys back until he has a dyno sheet showing a 1000 horse power." plus all of their clickbait "1000hp daza swap" videos? seems weird that no one can provide a dyno sheet or video with proof of even 500 to the wheels.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion

GNBRETT

Go Kart Champion
the stock ECU swaps done by IMS were tuned by UM afaik.

and the first video in this thread has Alex claiming "the customer doesn't want the keys back until he has a dyno sheet showing a 1000 horse power." plus all of their clickbait "1000hp daza swap" videos? seems weird that no one can provide a dyno sheet or video with proof of even 500 to the wheels.
The car was wired not tuned, nor was the Syvex installed so there would be no reason to tune it and further more there would be no reason to have UM tune it as they dont tune to Syvex. Sorry for the confusion but I never had plans on tuning it with the stock computer.

We wanted to make sure there was no issues with the actual wiring and getting everything to work without a X-mas tree dash. Just wanted it up and running. The motor came out after it was running to be sleeved and built.

As far as the other RSR builds I cant speak for all of them but there is one at the shop right now that was just finished up and he is a line backer for the Jets I believe and lives out west but while he's here playing football he has his RSR here in New England and that has a fully built motor with a hybrid and it made 800 whp on E85 with a mild tune. Thing is badass!

I did think the RSR build for Tommy F was kinda useless. I told Alex from the start it makes no sense to just do the swap alone without building the motor and putting at least a hybrid on it. Otherwise just buy an RS3. The big advantage is weight tho as the Golf R is 300 lbs lighter than the RS3 and isnt so ugly lol.

Last edited:

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I did think the RSR build for Tommy F was kinda useless. I told Alex from the start it makes no sense to just do the swap alone without building the motor and putting at least a hybrid on it. Otherwise just buy an RS3. The big advantage is weight tho as the Golf R is 300 lbs lighter than the RS3 and isnt so ugly lol.
that's definitely why I'd want one, RS3 is a pig and the TTRS has beetle fenders. I'm still curious about the weight difference between the cast iron 2.0t and the aluminium 2.5

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
yall have seen the RS3 swapped golf r over in the UK right? Makes around 650 or so on a Syvecs stand alone. Has a Wagner IC, trackslag dp (I think), AWE exhaust and water/meth.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
The car was wired not tuned, nor was the Syvex installed so there would be no reason to tune it and further more there would be no reason to have UM tune it as they dont tune to Syvex. Sorry for the confusion but I never had plans on tuning it with the stock computer.

We wanted to make sure there was no issues with the actual wiring and getting everything to work without a X-mas dash. Just wanted it up and running. The motor came out after it was running to be sleeved and built.

As far as the other RSR builds I cant speak for all of them but there is one at the shop right now that was just finished up and he is a line backer for the Jets I believe and lives out west but while he's here playing football he has his RSR here in New England and that has a fully built motor with a hybrid and it made 800 whp on E85 with a mild tune. Thing is badass!

Ok. I'm officially a Jets fan

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I posted a video on the Motor week test of the 2022 RS3, and I believe it mentioned it has a different center diff. I also noticed it only has 369 lb. ft. of torque, so I figured that's the limit of the drivetrain's reliability. Stock performance seems to be pretty close to a stage 2 R. I would be happy with that, seeing as you can buy a 7-year VW-backed extended warranty. By then, we might actually have an EV version that faster, has a huge amount of range, faster charging, and the infrastructure to support them. I might be dreaming, but I'd worry about it 7 years from now. The way things are going now, there might not be any gasoline for sale by then anyway, or it will be so expensive you wouldn't want to.