GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

James At EQT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 RS3 + AWD Mk6
EQT_TurboOfferings_Light_FB.png
We have finally been able to get some turbos on the shelves and ready to ship! This doesn't happen often and it likely won't last, so get your orders in!
EQT IS38+ Turbochargers are in stock for $925, and make sure to check out our awesome staged tune bundle for only $1000! That's right! Get an EQT IS38+ with all the required installation hardware AND a staged tune for your AccessPort for only $1000!
https://bit.ly/3B4yAR2

EQT Vortex Standard Turbochargers are also in stock and ready to ship! Bundle it with our custom tuning and have a fast spooling setup good for 500+ wheel horsepower!
https://bit.ly/3qqa8oi

Looking for something a little more wild? Our EQT Typhoon Turbocharger is also in stock and ready to ship. This 61.4mm turbo has made 664whp on our development Golf R and there's more power on tap if you have a ported head!
https://bit.ly/3RNWLdh

Our all new LPFP Pro is freshly released to support the increased power this monster can make! This new LPFP has been tested for over a year on our Development Golf R as well as Dave's RS3! It's an easy drop in upgrade for your MQB VW / Audi!
https://bit.ly/3eFDf4E

Head over to EQTuning.com right now and pick yours up today!
#eqtuning #eqtuned #equilibriumtuning #EQT #eqtvortex

obnoxious2

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi @Ed @ EQT I recently bought and finally flashed your stage 1 and it's amazing. The only thing I noticed is that the throttle is slightly too sensitive in sports mode. I prefer the heavy steering wheel feel so I tried using the custom mode setup by setting drive system to "normal" but it seems like the throttle still feels like sport mode. Could you confirm if it is possible to have normal throttle option in the custom drive mode? I'm on a manual with no previous flashes or customization.

Attachments

• PXL_20221007_161907005.jpg
    PXL_20221007_161907005.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 65

James At EQT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 RS3 + AWD Mk6
Hi @Ed @ EQT I recently bought and finally flashed your stage 1 and it's amazing. The only thing I noticed is that the throttle is slightly too sensitive in sports mode. I prefer the heavy steering wheel feel so I tried using the custom mode setup by setting drive system to "normal" but it seems like the throttle still feels like sport mode. Could you confirm if it is possible to have normal throttle option in the custom drive mode? I'm on a manual with no previous flashes or customization.

If you've changed any of the settings for throttle response via VCDS or OBD11 that could for sure be messing with things.
With an un-tuned car, those settings do seem to help improve how it drives, however when tuned the throttle mapping is altered from stock and the setting changed can lead to some undesirable results. If you've never changed those settings then it may be just adjusting to how the tune drives, or if you're not the original owner it's possible that the setting has been changed without your knowledge.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/throttle-response-in-normal.361510/

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R

The settings in your pic would be what I would expect to achieve your goal. A bit strange that you're still getting the "S" throttle mapping like this.

-- Ed

James At EQT

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 RS3 + AWD Mk6
Our Biggest Sale of the year is now Live!
1667327158097.png
November 1st 2022 through November 30th 2022

Sale Highlights

Save big on EQT Turbochargers and also receive free sauce!
1667327174835.png
$100 off Vortex, $200 off Typhoon!
1667327188529.png 1667327192756.png

$50 off EQT Sensor Package or $100 when bundled!
1667327210427.png 1667327215615.png

If a Typhoon or a Vortex is too big for your needs. Save $25 on EQT Staged tunes!

GTI, GLI, and A3 Customers can save big on our IS38 Turbo + Tune Bundle!

Already have a Turbo? Save $75 off IS38 tunes!
1667327236903.png

Looking to tackle the track next season?
EQT Balanced Line Coilovers are $200 off! Bundle in our new Mag Ride Deletes for even deeper savings!
1667327251361.png

Save on one of our most popular products since its release! EQT Coil Grounding kits are on sale! 15% off!
1667327267087.png
(Verify your Ign. Coil Connector part number prior to ordering)

Have questions about how to set up your tune? Give us a shout or check out our Getting Started Guide!

BWS_Animated.gif

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Running an IE downpipe I’m assuming I will have a CEL. I will be IS38 with a DP, is a O2 spacer something feasible to avoid the CEL just because it bothers me. I know EQT doesn’t endorse this fix. Just want to know if it will hurt anything.

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
Do we need to replace the oem PCV valve if we run a vortex turbo? I’ve been reading it gets overwhelmed past 27psi on aftermarket turbos.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Do we need to replace the oem PCV valve if we run a vortex turbo? I’ve been reading it gets overwhelmed past 27psi on aftermarket turbos.
Most of the issues are for people tracking their cars. I have had no issues at all on my street driven vortex at 33psi. I do run the BL revision but it wasn’t to correct a problem, rather I replaced anything that touches oil when I replaced my engine.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Most of the issues are for people tracking their cars. I have had no issues at all on my street driven vortex at 33psi. I do run the BL revision but it wasn’t to correct a problem, rather I replaced anything that touches oil when I replaced my engine.
fwiw I blew a BL at 31 psi with a vortex on the street. cracked a couple spark plugs. personally I think a PCV upgrade is cheap insurance if you don't have to deal with winter temps.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Is running a Vortex on 93 with just a HPFP still chill?

Been off the forum for a while and it is looking like we are getting away from that when running hybrids and going to LPFP + MPI instead but I am really not that interested in doing all of that.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Is running a Vortex on 93 with just a HPFP still chill?

Been off the forum for a while and it is looking like we are getting away from that when running hybrids and going to LPFP + MPI instead but I am really not that interested in doing all of that.

You'll probably be at the upper limit of fueling, but in most cases, yes. On my Vortex, pump volume was pretty close to tapped out at 27-28psi.