EC5F4982-0996-488C-A07E-ABC43D6D4EF2.jpeg

My buddy from Eurosport joined in the fun 🤩

06B6060E-E87B-4AFD-9099-A81FAC2AA9F4.jpeg

Last edited:

intoflatlines

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI SE 6MT
I hit a big racoon last night. I wasn't even speeding or anything. Tried my best to slow down and avoid it but its dumb ass decided to stop at the double yellow and then walk back into my lane. Luckily there didn't appear to be damage to the car. Can't say the same for the racoon.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I hit a big racoon last night. I wasn't even speeding or anything. Tried my best to slow down and avoid it but its dumb ass decided to stop at the double yellow and then walk back into my lane. Luckily there didn't appear to be damage to the car. Can't say the same for the racoon.
He won't do that again.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!

Good stuff, everyone!

So is all that in your car 24/7, or do you take it in\out as necessary?

I answered that question in the last two sentences of my post. Here's a quote:

I remove the desk and computers when I don't expect to use them for a while. But the radios are always in the car unless I'm staying overnight away from home.

No common (opportunity based) thief is roaming parking lots with enough storage space to steal all that stuff you have in there 😁.

Agreed, they'd need to plan their shopping spree by coming back with a truck or steal the whole car. HAHA!

What the heck do you do? that looks like a plane cockpit lol

I do a bit of contesting, emergency comms, and National/State park radio activities. I don't operate everything while driving. The photo shows my operating setup. I close the laptop and stow the second monitor and steering wheel desk when I drive. The hand mics are fair game, though. I use a digital voice recorder to log my contacts while driving and then catch up on a computer at home.

This car looks like what someone tracking a fugitive or POI would be in. I can just imagine the conversations that happen in this car.
HAHA! I've had people suggest that the FBI and NSA are monitoring me. "No, I'm monitoring THEM!" ;)
No sir, that car is too complicated for pilots. That car has way more screens then most of the the aircraft I work in, this being one of them...
HAHA! Most of my operations are done while parked; not the case with most planes. :p

If i passed you on the road and i saw all your screens i would be torn between waving and being afraid you were a cop.
Most people know I"m not a cop when they see the outside:

The flip side is I've had people "report me," one having the "concern" that I was a credit card thief since I was parked near a drive-thru. "See something, say something" has turned many into petty-snitches who don't think, "What are the odds of a thief driving such an obnoxious vehicle?"

if i randomly saw this setup and a massive antenna on the car id assume you are a cop.
The photo above does not say "cop." But, if that keeps people out of my car, then I'll take it. I'm considering a way to put this sign on my displays when I am exhibiting the car:

I'm on the verge of overhauling my cargo area so that I can add some amplifiers. When I do that, I'll add the extended spare tire bolt and then make a cover for the "nut." That may be a great place for a small version of this sign. :ROFLMAO:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
HAHA!

Good stuff, everyone!

Agreed, they'd need to plan their shopping spree by coming back with a truck or steal the whole car. HAHA!

I do a bit of contesting, emergency comms, and National/State park radio activities. I don't operate everything while driving. The photo shows my operating setup. I close the laptop and stow the second monitor and steering wheel desk when I drive. The hand mics are fair game, though. I use a digital voice recorder to log my contacts while driving and then catch up on a computer at home.

HAHA! I've had people suggest that the FBI and NSA are monitoring me. "No, I'm monitoring THEM!" ;)

HAHA! Most of my operations are done while parked; not the case with most planes. :p

The flip side is I've had people "report me," one having the "concern" that I was a credit card thief since I was parked near a drive-thru. "See something, say something" has turned many into petty-snitches who don't think, "What are the odds of a thief driving such an obnoxious vehicle?"

The photo above does not say "cop." But, if that keeps people out of my car, then I'll take it. I'm considering a way to put this sign on my displays when I am exhibiting the car:

I'm on the verge of overhauling my cargo area so that I can add some amplifiers. When I do that, I'll add the extended spare tire bolt and then make a cover for the "nut." That may be a great place for a small version of this sign. :ROFLMAO:
My wife’s comment “it looks like he’s a tornado chaser” 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Not my car, but @dtfd came over and we we did a carbon cleaning on his GTI.

A few before:

Screenshot_20221105-203634_Viber.jpg

IMG-19675c042ef30232cd129601f0e4e518-V.jpg

And an after:

IMG-56a78e09a6e277a32401d86bbf8e98a8-V.jpg

We're getting decent at it. Only took one trip to Harbor Freight, because @dtfd originally bought coarse walnut shells. Tried using it, but clogged the blasting wand. And only backed the wand out too far spraying walnut everywhere once!

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Not my car, but @dtfd came over and we we did a carbon cleaning on his GTI.

A few before:

View attachment 264747

View attachment 264750

And an after:

View attachment 264749

We're getting decent at it. Only took one trip to Harbor Freight, because @dtfd originally bought coarse walnut shells. Tried using it, but clogged the blasting wand. And only backed the wand out too far spraying walnut everywhere once!
Note to everyone. Don't get coarse walnut shells.

It matters. We got 1 1/2 valves done before it just kept jamming on us so we had to run out to buy the fine stuff

Also for those of you curious. 52k miles. No chemical treatments/carbon cleaning done at any point.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
HAHA!

Good stuff, everyone!

I wish i were this good with electronics. I can barely tell a green wire from a red one, and I'm not even color blind.