GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
You guys have a real fall there. The trees are beautiful.

Yeah it’s been awesome this year, sunny & 70s with tons of color & 50s at night!

Here’s todays office space since we’re talking flight deck tech (Stealth probably has CATlll capability haha)

B472A485-1408-41C1-9EF0-23DF5F56F54F.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
1667579213001.png

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
I installed the EQT Stage 2 tune without burbles. I originally got them for the LOLs in sport mode, but they sounded obnoxious AF, it was honestly embarrassing.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I installed the EQT Stage 2 tune without burbles. I originally got them for the LOLs in sport mode, but they sounded obnoxious AF, it was honestly embarrassing.
Old man. :ROFLMAO:

Just curious what exhaust/downpipe combination are you running?

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've actually cycled through the modes to get back to sport so my burbles turn on but when I have them on it really isn't THAT loud. I've got a neuspeed downpipe & the stock catback. I've heard the burbles with some aftermarket exhausts and those are super obnoxious.

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Old man. :ROFLMAO:

Just curious what exhaust/downpipe combination are you running?

I can count on one hand the amount of times I've actually cycled through the modes to get back to sport so my burbles turn on but when I have them on it really isn't THAT loud. I've got a neuspeed downpipe & the stock catback. I've heard the burbles with some aftermarket exhausts and those are super obnoxious.
CTS DP with Vibrant 17930 and stock muffler. The burbles just sounded like fire crackers, pop...pop...pop.

jawndropper

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I have the Weathertech sunshades...

I have the full set, but I don't use the rears since I have the OEM shades for back there. All of the shades fit very well. They even stay in place when I roll down the windows! :oops: And the car stays much cooler on hot days.

Privacy. Some know that I have "some electronics" in my car. o_O

Although sun shades are no guarantee against theft, having them up any time the car is parked means people are less likely to see what's inside and feel compelled to break-in. Again, not a guarantee; just a little bit of concealment. I remove the desk and computers when I don't expect to use them for a while. But the radios are always in the car unless I'm staying overnight away from home.
if i randomly saw this setup and a massive antenna on the car id assume you are a cop.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
My pursuit of wasting all my money landed this on my porch. Most manual shift knobs adapted to autos don't play nice with the plastic DSG shift mechanism due to weight. The Apex R was the lightest knob Raceseng makes, and I added their max extender. The weight from the extender might be too much on track or spirited drives. I'll have to play around a bit more to know. Looks slick for now!
View attachment 264678
View attachment 264679
Only downside i can think of is the greater moment imparted due to the longer shaft that may snap something in the shifter assembly when shifting, although it's metal, so maybe it will be fine.
Looks interesting nonetheless and i hope it works out fine.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Someone at the office got a mk8 GTI so now I'm not the only person with a GTI and theirs is newer 😤

If you're on this site: Y u do me like that?? Also, can I take a ride?
But mk7 red 2 door is better than any mk8, so....