GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic IS38 Tune - not what I expected

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Really shows how much they don't support this platform. How logging can still be in beta is laughable. It's 2022.
Agree, not happy with them giving me only a political response.

Uni: "Our stage 2+ tune is tried and tested to work with optimal results and taking as many factors with other modifications into account as possible."
Me: You should try a little harder, your Stage 2 is good but your 2+ leaves a lot to be desired if I can only use 4th gear.
Uni: Sorry to hear that, is there anything else I can assist you with?
Me: Apparently not

aloha_from_bradley

Autocross Champion
Lol... beta logging.

What does that even mean? The logging function is just eternally in the design phase?

So canned tunes only... essentially that's what I'm reading.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
It is on a need to know basis :ROFLMAO: They most likely want to limit people sending them logs and asking wtf is up with the timing corrections!
I did fire up the logging feature suggested by Tigeo on my OBD11, timing is indeed everywhere. Tried to save the info but looks like it was live-only? idk .. lol.

Zhars

Passed Driver's Ed
I did fire up the logging feature suggested by Tigeo on my OBD11, timing is indeed everywhere. Tried to save the info but looks like it was live-only? idk .. lol.
Go to the link i mentioned and then sign up for the beta program. Afterwards you can download the high speed logger that Unitronic uses and then you can really dig into the data.

Downside is that it does not let you export to .csv ;) Unitronic probably doesnt want their tunes ending up on datazap haha

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Agree, not happy with them giving me only a political response.

Uni: "Our stage 2+ tune is tried and tested to work with optimal results and taking as many factors with other modifications into account as possible."
Me: You should try a little harder, your Stage 2 is good but your 2+ leaves a lot to be desired if I can only use 4th gear.
Uni: Sorry to hear that, is there anything else I can assist you with?
Me: Apparently not
LOL. I fired my trash company yesterday. I asked to cancel my service because it has steadily gotten worse to the point they aren't even picking anything up anymore.

"We'll reduce your rate Diggs!"

Uh no, you aren't listening. Paying you less money for you not doing anything doesn't solve the problem of you not actually doing anything.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
LOL. I fired my trash company yesterday. I asked to cancel my service because it has steadily gotten worse to the point they aren't even picking anything up anymore.

Uh no, you aren't listening. Paying you less money for you not doing anything doesn't solve the problem of you not actually doing anything.

Sounds like you need a new trash company.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Go to the link i mentioned and then sign up for the beta program. Afterwards you can download the high speed logger that Unitronic uses and then you can really dig into the data.

Downside is that it does not let you export to .csv ;) Unitronic probably doesnt want their tunes ending up on datazap haha
Bet, I work in I.T. and I was educated in the good side of I.T., along with the evil. If its software it can be modified.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Signed up for Beta, when I get home its going on the laptop.

EDIT: Laptop is in the car, I will download it while on lunch.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Wait, city doesn't pickup your trash

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

Never heard of having to hire a trash company before... you must really be out in the boonies huh lol

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Being able to hire and fire someone is great. The people in the city have no choice who their provider is. The provider they have don't allow trashbins so racoons tear into their bags and throw shit everywhere. Ours provide wheeled carts.

1666281096955.png

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Signed up for Beta, when I get home its going on the laptop.

EDIT: Laptop is in the car, I will download it while on lunch.
I logged mine yesterday with it as we are on winter fuel now...I like to look every once in a while. Remember, you can't download the files/datazap them so it's just sometihng you can look at.