GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m gonna check out the color samples in person Monday to make the final call on the color.

I bought Sunken Treasure Bronze wheels back in the day for one of the Mk6 Tdi & always wished they were darker/more brown in direct sunlight.

42145417-A8F2-4805-A868-598B6518C55D.jpeg
E01B77EE-A4A1-40DE-9397-AB65D65B9B99.jpeg

My wife had the nerve to say “why didn’t you just keep the last set of bronze wheels you had?”…woman that was nine years ago lol.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
You can get them for like $10 on AliExpress, but this is one case where it might be worth the extra money to get there somewhere else. The AliExpress ones require you to splice the harness in, which is a pain since you have like 1" of wire to work with, in a very cramped area. It was not fun.

The harness rocketwires gives you might be worth the extra $50.
not only that but you weren't even able to install them until i uploaded the instructions that rocketwires provides in their kit. just get the real deal instead of the chinese knock off it's not that big of a price difference its about the cost of a full tank of gas

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Ali express?
Rocket Wires. The kit is really good. You will definitely want a small precision size screwdriver to press down on the metal tabs with, and honestly its a bit cumbersome with holding the harness connector, lining up the little screwdriver in the first hole on the white plug, while with the other hand being ready to pull EASILY. If you press with screwdriver and tug gently on the wire it will move ever so slightly. Then move to the second opening with the screwdriver and press and pull gently on the wire again. If you press with screwdriver and pull on wire and it doesnt move, do not pull harder... the tab is simply not released.

https://rocketwires.co.uk/online-shop/ols/products/vw-golf-mk7-door-puddle-lighting-kit

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Rocket Wires. The kit is really good. You will definitely want a small precision size screwdriver to press down on the metal tabs with, and honestly its a bit cumbersome with holding the harness connector, lining up the little screwdriver in the first hole on the white plug, while with the other hand being ready to pull EASILY. If you press with screwdriver and tug gently on the wire it will move ever so slightly. Then move to the second opening with the screwdriver and press and pull gently on the wire again. If you press with screwdriver and pull on wire and it doesnt move, do not pull harder... the tab is simply not released.

https://rocketwires.co.uk/online-shop/ols/products/vw-golf-mk7-door-puddle-lighting-kit

Thanks dude

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’m gonna check out the color samples in person Monday to make the final call on the color.

I bought Sunken Treasure Bronze wheels back in the day for one of the Mk6 Tdi & always wished they were darker/more brown in direct sunlight.

View attachment 263147View attachment 263148

My wife had the nerve to say “why didn’t you just keep the last set of bronze wheels you had?”…woman that was nine years ago lol.
9 years lol…I can’t count the number of wheels I’ve whored in 5 years let alone 9

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Took her to a C&C, got asked if the CF bits were a wrap.. lol.
IMG-3817.JPG

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Electronic parking brake retrofit. Finished the install and adjustment of the Coolerworks shifter. Quick drive to grab some food, it's awesome 😁. OEM wireless charging installed.

RGB footwells installed and coded. Ran wiring for the rest of the RGB interior lighting although it's not installed.

Also ran wires to the back of the car for direct TPMS and external soundaktor. Neither of these two things is installed.

Not much in the way of pictures, not that much to see I guess. But here's a weird looking center console on a Golf TDI...
View attachment 263117
What is the shifter ?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What is the shifter ?
It's this one... https://coolerworx.com/collections/...o-vw-audi-skoda-seat-02j-02m-02q-bottom-mount
I first saw it here, installed by @El_bigote_AJ... https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7568110

Speaking of which, I used the CJM industries side-side shifter cable end that El_bigote_AJ linked to. In his picture this is a black rubber bushing. In my car (late 2014 build) this was a clear rubber bushing just like the front-back cable. The CJM instructions just say "remove" the rubber bushing and install their delrin insert. One does not simply "remove" that rubber bushing, haha. It's some sort of molded rubber/plastic thing.

A dremel, a carbide bit and a sanding drum were required. Made quick work of it, just gotta be careful and keep test fitting the delrin insert so you don't take off any extra material. On El_bigote_AJ's cable it looks like the black rubber bushing could just be removed and replaced with the CJM piece.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Just picked up some Blink182 tickets for next year, now the hard part is not telling my wife at least till her birthday
Haha ngl i was thinking of seeing them next year at When We Were Young Fest

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
It's this one... https://coolerworx.com/collections/...o-vw-audi-skoda-seat-02j-02m-02q-bottom-mount
I first saw it here, installed by @El_bigote_AJ... https://golfmk7.com/forums/index.php?threads/what-did-you-do-to-your-mk7-today.316916/post-7568110

Speaking of which, I used the CJM industries side-side shifter cable end that El_bigote_AJ linked to. In his picture this is a black rubber bushing. In my car (late 2014 build) this was a clear rubber bushing just like the front-back cable. The CJM instructions just say "remove" the rubber bushing and install their delrin insert. One does not simply "remove" that rubber bushing, haha. It's some sort of molded rubber/plastic thing.

A dremel, a carbide bit and a sanding drum were required. Made quick work of it, just gotta be careful and keep test fitting the delrin insert so you don't take off any extra material. On El_bigote_AJ's cable it looks like the black rubber bushing could just be removed and replaced with the CJM piece.
Yeah, I cannot confirm if the insert on mine would come out with ease to fit the cjm piece, when I did mine that part didn’t exist, I also just used a dremel and drum to get it to fit snug.

Last edited:

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Just picked up some Blink182 tickets for next year, now the hard part is not telling my wife at least till her birthday
I was hoping to get a couple for me and my wife, but the only ones left are raw dog specials from resale rapists. :(

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Yeah, I cannot confirm if the insert on mine would come out with ease to fit the cjm piece, when I did mine that part didn’t exist, I also just used a dremel and drum to get it to fit snug.
I did the "adjustment" with the pins, at the shifter. But I was too lazy to mess with the cable ends at the transmission. Very notchy (in a good way, to me) but I should probably do an actual adjustment at the transmission.