GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Me Your Best Cell Phone Pics

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Shot some more RAW photos at our monthly SFLMK7/SFLVW meet (processed in Lightroom). Phone is genuinely blowing my mind lol.
It's crazy what these phones can put out these days.
It's sad, but I never even use the DSLR anymore. I mean, I don't really have the time like I used to to take pictures anyway, so that hasn't helped.
But when I used to bring all my gear to shows, races, etc...now I just use my phone! But again, I'm not sitting around doing post processing anymore.
I haven't even shot RAW on the 14 Pro yet...but I would love to sit down with Lightroom like you did and play with it.

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
It's crazy what these phones can put out these days.
It's sad, but I never even use the DSLR anymore. I mean, I don't really have the time like I used to to take pictures anyway, so that hasn't helped.
But when I used to bring all my gear to shows, races, etc...now I just use my phone! But again, I'm not sitting around doing post processing anymore.
I haven't even shot RAW on the 14 Pro yet...but I would love to sit down with Lightroom like you did and play with it.
100% same. Ive been shooting for 15+ years now, and even did some professional work back in my college days. It's always been a huge passion of mine, but as I'm sure you can relate life gets in the way, you get busy, and you don't have time for your hobbies like you used to lol. I feel bad leaving my Nikon in the closet so much, but the phone is so convenient and easy to get more than adequate results with! Give RAW and LR a go, you'll be amazed.

All that said, I'm "forcing" myself to be more deliberate with my phone shots now. Shooting RAW, offloading to my laptop to process in LR, etc. Obviously still plan to take quick JPG shots for the usual daily stuff. But I really want to get back into more serious shooting too.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
100% same. Ive been shooting for 15+ years now, and even did some professional work back in my college days. It's always been a huge passion of mine, but as I'm sure you can relate life gets in the way, you get busy, and you don't have time for your hobbies like you used to lol. I feel bad leaving my Nikon in the closet so much, but the phone is so convenient and easy to get more than adequate results with! Give RAW and LR a go, you'll be amazed.

All that said, I'm "forcing" myself to be more deliberate with my phone shots now. Shooting RAW, offloading to my laptop to process in LR, etc. Obviously still plan to take quick JPG shots for the usual daily stuff. But I really want to get back into more serious shooting too.

Hah yeah I too started about 15 years ago with a Nikon D60 and even did a little bit of "professional" work myself as my eye and equipment progressed, though it was always just a hobby for me.
But even after I slowed down a bit, and was just taking the gear to Sebring and whatnot, I had the epiphany that I was sort of tired of watching the races through the lens.
Next time I went I didn't bring the camera at all and, I hate to say it, but it was almost like a burden was lifted lol.
I wasn't worried about carrying around all my stuff, switching lenses, getting the good shots. Instead I just walked around and enjoyed myself.
So I suppose I'm on just a bit of a hiatus. I have thought many times about selling all of the gear (which at this point around 10 years old now) but instead it sits. Waiting lol.
My Mac with PS and LR doesn't even run anymore!
But I like what you said about being more deliberate with the iPhone shots. Perhaps I will as well, and maybe that will be the gateway back into the hobby!
Anyway, here is the only picture I have taken with the 14 Pro (not in Raw) of a car. Parked the T3 in the warehouse for the hurricane.

1.jpg

And it looks a tad overexposed lol.
It is pretty dim in there usually so I did bump up some levels just on the iPhone...which made it look fine there, but not on this monitor at least hah..

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Was a good morning for a 4 person collision
996FB933-A9A8-423A-A228-A31A050F30BE.jpeg

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Oof! Sorry Bro, hopefully everyone’s ok. Traffic getting crazy again. I used to have a scrolling LED that said, “Phone down, just drive”, but no one cares.
thankfully everyone was alright. Phones were definitely a factor here and hopefully someone learned a lesson. Sad day for the gti but it’ll be back!

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Not mk7 content but figured you guys would enjoy this... apparently this mustang was driven home like this 😂

looks like he has summers on the rear and a/s on the fronts

Last edited:

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I have to find a job in Colorado and move out there, this is crazy!
Lots of beautiful places out east! We had a lot of moisture this summer so some of our forests have really nice growth (bad for fires though). We usually have a snowstorm by now that accelerates the leaves falling, but not so far this year.

We do have a lot of jobs out here, depending on what you know, but housing is a challenge/ frustration.