GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I'm conflicted about if when the carbon cleaning gets done, if I should pull, clean, and reseal my injectors while I'm in there. It's like what, about an extra $100 for the tool kit and reseal kit, and an extra hour of time?
You've got the pre-2019 R injectors, they'll probably last a decent while on pump gas.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
I guess the other tip I'd say, which I just thought now, is to just buy new runner plates. They're under $5 each lol.

https://www.vwpartsvortex.com/oem-parts/volkswagen-partition-06l103411c

Seriously. Those things were nasty.
That's a good find, I look at some other places and the cheapest I found was $10.54.

That mini attachment set is pretty neat with the hose, I have the Shop Vac brand for a few years now, best thing ever for small spaces in the car.
https://www.amazon.com/Shop-Vac-Micro-cleaning-80189-1-1/dp/B00002ND4G

Between that one and this one, you can clean almost everything in your car.
https://www.amazon.com/Skyline-Gadg...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
How’s the Quiet Tech? Was thinking of getting a California Air but they have Kobalt locally.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
How’s the Quiet Tech? Was thinking of getting a California Air but they have Kobalt locally.

Quiet 🤣

For real though, very satisfied with it. It can't be heard outside of the garage. Like @dtfd said, we were able to have a conversation with it on. You know those little 12V air compressors people keep in their cars too fill tires? It's pretty close to that.

Opening the drain valve and draining the tank is far louder than the compressor itself.

gixxerfool

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
A lot of people will shit on my for this, don’t care. The Fortress line from harbor freight is extremely quiet. I can be in the basement and run it and no one upstairs will hear it. I used it for my kitchen reno. Over 4000 staples and 100 or so brads and didn’t miss a beat. For the price and the noise limits it’s well worth the money.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
A lot of people will shit on my for this, don’t care. The Fortress line from harbor freight is extremely quiet. I can be in the basement and run it and no one upstairs will hear it. I used it for my kitchen reno. Over 4000 staples and 100 or so brads and didn’t miss a beat. For the price and the noise limits it’s well worth the money.

I'm very much pro-HF. In this case though, the comparable Fortress one is more than the Kobalt one, even more so since I got it off FB marketplace.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Harbor freight has it's place. I got my 12 ton press there, walnut blaster, grinder stand there. Their power tools and hand tools/wrenches are pretty wack. Had a breaker bar that almost killed me when it snapped but lesson learned. The Daytona jack I have from there is the best jack ever. I'm still a fan

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Harbor freight has it's place. I got my 12 ton press there, walnut blaster, grinder stand there. Their power tools and hand tools/wrenches are pretty wack. Had a breaker bar that almost killed me when it snapped but lesson learned. The Daytona jack I have from there is the best jack ever. I'm still a fan
you use that press to make rosin?