GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Just put on the acoustic dampener in the rear subframe of my GTI from what I think is a euro spec golf part. I don’t notice any significant changes in noise reduction, but the car definitely makes less of a clunking noise over bumps and more of a thump.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Well I just asked my wife if she thinks the noise is cool and attractive and she said “I don’t understand the question” so,
It's subliminal, so it's still working, even if she doesn't know it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Put my tails in... Not sure how I feel about them ye.
IMG_20221007_152255.jpg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Nah. They work fine. It's the led flicker when you try to snap a picture. They're in great shape.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
First look 👀
488B64C1-08AF-4038-9954-0B8A755D3972.jpeg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Wifey's Jetta threw a CEL. Ordered a VCDS yesterday, came in today..

Gotta love NJ where you can't pump your own gas. According to her, the gas attendant kept trying to pump more fuel in after it clicked multiple times. Flooded the canister most likely.. I seen a lot of people have reported that issue.

Luckily it's under warranty so dealer will have to take care of it. Curious if it'll be an easy fix or require replacement of the fuel tank; I remember reading some of the GTI peeps talking about this issue and something being molded to the fuel tank..

Update: Car went to the dealer on Tuesday. I told wifey (was out-of-country when she brought the car to them) to show them the pics of VCDS, and that it's definitely the evap canister flooded. They did what I expected, and said they'd pull their own codes. Didn't touch the car at all on Tuesday. Wednesday, they changed the solenoid valve, which of course didn't fix anything since the valve wasn't the issue. They said "yep, evap canister needs to be replaced". Was told the car would be ready Wednesday evening. Dealership gave her a loaner that had absolutely ruined wiper blades (and NJ was in the middle of a lot of rain due to remnants of Hurricane Ian), and car reeked of cigarette smoke. Wednesday afternoon rolls around, wifey calls twice just to get an update so she could try to stop by to pick the car up on the way home from work - no dice. They say they have to order parts and won't be here 'till next week. She asked if they potentially have a different loaner, since the car they gave her was disgusting .. they said they don't have any others. She opted to pick her car up because she couldn't stand the cigarette smoke (don't blame her, it was real bad) and burned through a quarter tank of fuel in the matter of ~2 days lol..

Not impressed with first VW dealer repair experience..

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI