GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Iridium Pro Spark Plugs are Here!

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
NGK 7437-8
Ah, that's the regular ground strap one. If I'm gonna shell out that kind of money, it's gonna have to be really different than the Ruths - so recessed insulator/electrode and ground strap.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
I still haven't heard a single argument with data to back it up to stop using Ruths. Y'all can run your fancy racing spark plugs, but I get a 4 pack of Ruths for 35 bucks and they have never given me a single complaint.

Maybe next they will release "APR Racing Oil" which is just rotella in a new jug.
They've sold Motul 300V for about 10 years now, which is definitely not just rotella in a new jug.

Tuners will always suggest a colder plug as the risk of fouling it is better than running too hot and preigniting/detonation. If you're street driving on a stock turbo I'm sure you'll never have a reason to complain about stock heat plugs.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Of course apr doesnt have their very own spark plug warehouse in china, guys. What is possible, however is that they do have a deal with ngk or whoever to make a specific spark plug spec that doesnt exist elsewhere, under a contract. Pretty common thing to do, and if this is the case it isnt a pandoras box to flame the vendor for it. I dont know if thats whats happening here but im guessing it is, like how garret mades the turbo apr sells that otherwise doesnt exist.

My car misfires a bit with ruths if i havent let the car warm up at least a couple minutes before carefully driving away. Its fine after a mile of driving. Do i need apr coils, spark plugs or both?
Both, definitely. And an EQT ground harness. Stat.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
They've sold Motul 300V for about 10 years now, which is definitely not just rotella in a new jug.

Tuners will always suggest a colder plug as the risk of fouling it is better than running too hot and preigniting/detonation. If you're street driving on a stock turbo I'm sure you'll never have a reason to complain about stock heat plugs.
Yup, loved the Ruths while Stage 2, running the Vortex though they were a mess above 6600rpm. Just buy some densos from FCPeuro once, and get em swapped out for free every 10k miles.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Got my plugs today! Gap measured on all 4 was 0.020".

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
tiiiiight

tigeo

Autocross Champion
tiiiiight
Now if my car was only here to install them into..hahahah...timing chain tensioner is shot/in the shop waiting on parts/repair.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
20221005_172647.jpg
20221005_172733.jpg

Attachments

• 20221005_172647.jpg
    20221005_172647.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 46

tigeo

Autocross Champion

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Ngl if i dont have to gap em i might have to buy a set. I suck at gapping plugs but im good at gapping civic si's