GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
......no.....

yes

I don't get the DSG hate on this forum 😂 I love it. I miss having stick a lot of times, but for a daily driver I prefer the auto. Especially with all the stupid stop+go I deal with on my commute
Dude, I'm just messing with you. I had a tough time making the DSG vs manual choice with the 19, after driving the 18 manual for a year. It's not a particularly good manual and the gearing is sub optimal. I second guess my decision to get another barely adequate for stock hp clutch and trans.

Can we just all agree that wiper deletes are stupid?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

absolutely-fucking-not-boiler-room.gif

acoustic_

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Dude, I'm just messing with you. I had a tough time making the DSG vs manual choice with the 19, after driving the 18 manual for a year. It's not a particularly good manual and the gearing is sub optimal. I second guess my decision to get another barely adequate for stock hp clutch and trans.

Oh I know man haha. We started a war though, look what we did!

Part of my decision behind going DSG is how much better it handles power. I'm not planning on ever going beyond stage2, but pretty lame the stock clutch struggles with just a software tune for 93, bone stock.

Totally onboard with wiper deletes being the common enemy... Lol

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Oh I know man haha. We started a war though, look what we did!

Part of my decision behind going DSG is how much better it handles power. I'm not planning on ever going beyond stage2, but pretty lame the stock clutch struggles with just a software tune for 93, bone stock.

Totally onboard with wiper deletes being the common enemy... Lol
I was stage 2 stock clutch for 50k miles before I finally upgraded to an ACT clutch. When I did pull the clutch, it still looked completely fine to boot. Sure I wasn't tracking the car, but I had frequent and numerous 3rd gear pulls. Trick was I dont hit it until Im in the powerband, no low rpm flat footing here-ever. Now I have an ACT clutch which added a heavier pedal and clutch chatter, nothing more.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R