Plugs - NGK Racing R7438-9
Intercooler: Mishimoto
Downpipe: Unitronic
Tune: @Hoon

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Have you guys tried less boost? Like flat 27psi?

I can't tell if the rail pressure freaking out is a result of the misfire or causing it.
When I was speaking to HPA when buying the turbo, they mentioned that they run is at 29psi and then taper to 25/26, which is essentially what Matt did with mine.

Matt suggests to test the ground with a multimeter to see if its the same output as the other three cylinders, as well as the cam actuators. But how do I check the cam actuators without replacing them? I already replaced one on cyl1 cause i bent it when installing the turbo, they're like $160/pop and that one threw a code. IO don't want to throw $400 for something that's not throwing a code.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Well I doubt it's an actuator issue but since the misfire is always cyl3 (yes?) moving the 2 actuators from cyl3 to another cyl would make the misfire move, yeah? An actuator not functioning would 100% throw and actuator code though.
Good point - should I try to do that? My thinking is aligned with yours after that bent actuator I had. We DM'ed about a speed sensor, some audi guys are experiencing an EPC up high due to an engine speed sensor fault, no codes.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Ever since they took you from v1.05 to final you've had a rail pressure spike.
Just went through my emails with Matt, I started seeing that EPC since the second revision of the tune, back when I had the HPA HPFP. Came early and stayed.