GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Iridium Pro Spark Plugs are Here!

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
They're coil packs. Were you expecting to feel some performance increase??
10% more energy output.

1664485133065.png

Good thing I didn't run RS7 plugs with these coil packs otherwise I might have blown the ground strap off.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
They have been added to the table. EDIT - updated.
Capture.JPG

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
The only question I need answered is, will magnets of other people's cars be included in the packaging?

Also fcp isn't carrying them yet?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

Hey that's ok too. Everyone knows red is faster
With the APR coils - my feeling was (I run them)...why not? They are less $$$ than the OE coil packs. They are likely made by sister company MSD within the Holley group who makes solid ignition parts.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
I don't understand why people are triggered about some new spark plugs. APR has provided another option, and at a price point lower than some of the alternatives. Seems like a good thing to me 🤷‍♂️
I'm just poking some fun cause it's like... Come on, how much different can they really be?

I'll never stop running Rutheniums though.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm just poking some fun cause it's like... Come on, how much different can they really be?

Rutheniums are love.

Rutheniums are life.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

That's what's in mine now, good plugs $40 delivered from RA.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
10% more energy output.

View attachment 261853

Good thing I didn't run RS7 plugs with these coil packs otherwise I might have blown the ground strap off.
Seen plenty of guys pushing for horsepower records who had to go back to OE coils from these. Zero real world results for any benefit besides the color.
With the APR coils - my feeling was (I run them)...why not? They are less $$$ than the OE coil packs. They are likely made by sister company MSD within the Holley group who makes solid ignition parts.
Presumably MSD makes the plugs as well. They definitely make the coilpacks.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
That's what's in mine now, good plugs $40 delivered from RA.

I've been a Ruth user for a while now. I have my 6th set sitting on my table ready for install now? I decided to get a set of NGK non projected "racing plugs" a try. If I'm going non-projected, I don't want the ground strap out there like the APR has.